The Cubs have been involved in 2 trade

Trade 1:

Cubs get: Omar Infante
Tigers get: Jacque Jones

nothing worth caring about

Trade 2:

Cubs get: player to be names
Twins get: Craig Monroe

I guess there ready to let Tori Hunter walk, really can't blame them..there a small market team and Hunter wants big money

Tigers resigned Todd Jones to a 1 yr 7 million deal

way to much for such a average closer, I guess when Zumaya is going to 1/2 of next season you really don't have a choice

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Dam A-rod i need his job lol - losing jorge posada and mariano rivera for the yanks would be a big loss since they are both great players and rivera is one of the best closers in the league

good info - +rep given :)

jakncoke
11-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Well they didn't lost Posada and haven't lost Rivera yet unless you were pointing if they lost them and then yes that's true

Tom Glavine was offered a deal to sign with the Braves- He's most likely going to sign this as he want to be with his family more and probably want to spend his last season or 2 with the team he started with.

Atlanta get: OF Josh Anderson
Astros get: RP Oscar Villarreal

yeah I've never heard of either, kinda works for both Braves aren't going to resign Andruw Jones and the Stro's traded Brad Lidge

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
yeah i was saying IF they lost posada and rivera

the yanks just need to win a dam world series lol, get some better players cuz they got rid of sheffield and thinking of getting rid of giambi cuz giambi costs a whole lot and he doesn't do much

jakncoke
11-16-2007, 06:20 PM
They need pitching, they should throw a ton of prospects together and bring in Johan Santana because Twins know they can't afford him and they should at least get something for him

What's there projected starting rotation

Mike Mussina- past his prime
Phillup Hughes- good
Chien-Ming Wang-solid

Then what?

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 06:23 PM
mussina has been getting worse lately, he used to be great - andy petit is still there and he's pretty good too, not the best but still can do stuff

joba chamberlain (i think thats how u spell it) did very well for his rookie year and right now they have a decent pitching crew - but like you said, they need some better unless they make rivera a starting pitcher then i'll just laugh lol

jakncoke
11-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Pettite declined the option and it's looking more and more likely that he retires, there's been word that the Blue-Jays are going to try and convince both him and Roger Clemens to come there and as for Joba..I thought they were moving him into the bullpen?

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Pettite declined the option and it's looking more and more likely that he retires, there's been word that the Blue-Jays are going to try and convince both him and Roger Clemens to come there and as for Joba..I thought they were moving him into the bullpen?

no i think they are gonna keep joba as starter, he opened some games last season and he did great and i dont know how the new GM of the Yankees are gonna play their cards next season, hopefully they are smart plays

and i didnt know the blue jays were trying to get pettite and clemens lol, but its kinda obvious that where ever one of those two goes, the other one follows, has been like that for years now

jakncoke
11-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Since when did the Yanks get a new GM? Since when did they fire Brian Cashman?

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
i meant manager - Joe Torre is gone :D he didnt accept the 1 yr deal they gave him

jakncoke
11-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah I knew that, I wonder how far the Dodgers go this year. Joe Girardi did well for the Marlins with basically no one and now he has a chance at anyone he wants so yeah, I also find it funny he picked #27, because that's he intends on bring to the Yanks there 27th WS.

Braves sign Tom Glavine to 1 yr 8 mill, which is way too much for him at this stage of his career.

Mike Lowell signed to Boston 3yr 37.5 mill- guess Lowell is a man of principal and wants wins over money....can't blame him really.

Mariano Rivera resigned with NYY believe the deal was 3yr 45 million- gj nyy on resigning him

Angels/White Sox trade

Angels get: Jon Garland
White Sox get: Orlando Cabrera

It seems Angels don't have plans on resigning Bartolo Colon, can't really blame him as he is a shell of his former self and shoulder problems. And Cabrera>>>Uribe Imo

Tori Hunter signed with the Angels