PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Forum Changes

LiNuX
11-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Well since the forum is having a bit of problems I thought of not think about the problems for now and look to the future. A new server will be rented for this forum so lag and downtime should go down by next week. But after the new server, I had these changes in mind. Just tell me what you think and if this is a good idea.

1. A forum Front Page - Meaning - This forum's front page at the moment is all the boards but the front page this time will be different. It will contain game reviews and other important threads submitted by users including important polls. It is called a Portal.

2. As mentioned in #1 we will post game reviews on the front page - but they will be Threads, when you click the review you will be forwarded to the thread that contains the review. You will be able to comment on it, give Reputation points to the reviewer and just share your thoughts. Right now the Game reviews don't allow you to do much except just read. Which is fine but it does have some minor errors that I cannot fix myself because I don't know how XML files work that well.

3. A new vBulletin theme for December to celebrate christmas for the whole month - I am already working on this as this will be a CUSTOM skin and I will ask FattaT to make some buttons and other graphics for me - Now the question is What colors do you think I should go with? I haven't worked with the CSS yet just some coding of the tables.

Tell me what you think of these 3 new things to come. And vote so I can keep count a bit easier.

LiNuX

wifi
11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
i think they are all very good, i tried thinking of something to add onto that but i got nothin :-P

Jenatello
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I like that you are open to having others help you improve the forum instead of just acting like a child and all "this is my site blah blah blah."

yay LiNuX!

LiNuX
11-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I like that you are open to having others help you improve the forum instead of just acting like a child and all "this is my site blah blah blah."

yay LiNuX!

yeah i like getting opinions from my members, i have to fit their needs so they'll stay right? :D

the theme was my choice though lol :D with a bit of FattaT's help with graphics

Toxic
11-19-2007, 03:07 PM
The first idea is best.

LiNuX
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
thanks for the opinions :D and one person thought none of them are good :confused1: i wonder why

wish she would post and explain ;-)

Metallica1983
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
they are all great but im goin for the front page one

XiMMiX
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
You should make an portal good idea, so yeah go for it...

Blackbird
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm vote for the 2nd idea :)

wifi
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
hey linux, are you just gonna pick the one with the most votes?

KittyCat72
11-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I like the 3rd idea; the colors could be like green, red, and white. I think we can go without the first 2, but if everyone else wants them I don't care.

Blackbird
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope you getting it changes soon.

LiNuX
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
hey linux, are you just gonna pick the one with the most votes?

nope, probably gonna do all of them since they all have good # of votes except the last two choices of course :D

I like the 3rd idea; the colors could be like green, red, and white. I think we can go without the first 2, but if everyone else wants them I don't care.

thanks - i'll see what i can do with those colors