PDA

View Full Version : Green River Killer kills 48

LiNuX
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Well this isn't very new news as this happened in the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. But I have to write a 15 page report on this guy known as the "Green River" Killer. His real name is Gary Leon Ridgway who killed about 48 women from the year 1982 to 1998 all because he thought they were prostitutes. He was pretty mentally disturbed but now he is spending the rest of his life in Prison without a chance of parole.

Why didn't he get the death sentence? Well because he confessed to all the crimes and he even gave confessions to how he did them. He was a real Serial Killer gone loose in Green River, Seattle.

Why was he out there and killing for almost 18 years? Well Green River isn't the best place for cops. They aren't as well trained as the city and that is a pretty small county and the police weren't ready to handle a serious crime like this.

You can find more information in the link below, I will not post my 15 page report here so don't ask for me. Don't ask me to email it to you either. It's only for my eyes and my scary professor's. Green River Killings (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/greenriverkillings/)

Well at least they did finally find him even if it did take 16 years. I never knew about it and I probably never would have unless I was assigned to do my term report on the Green River Killings.

Any thoughts on what he did or how you feel about his actions?