PDA

View Full Version : TimeShift

Raw!
11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
What did you think about it? Was it a good game? Must buy?

Scott
11-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Its not ground breaking just another shooter on the 360 really..

jakncoke
11-20-2007, 09:05 PM
played the demo, it sucks imo.

Raw!
11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
It's all that? My friend is having a dilemna, he wants Gears of War but with TimeShift out he wants to know what to get.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Defiantly get Gears over Timeshift, does he already have Bioshock or Halo 3 and can't miss Mass Effect, basically this is what my recommendation would be(keep in mind I haven't played these games, only Timeshift demo)

Mass Effect>Bioshock>Halo 3>Gears>>>>Like 50 different games>>then Timeshift

Scott
11-21-2007, 07:24 PM
It's all that? My friend is having a dilemna, he wants Gears of War but with TimeShift out he wants to know what to get.

Dont listen to Jakncoke. 4ts not awful.
But I cant belive your friend would even consider getting it over Gears.
Tell him to read the reviews that should help him decide.

Raw!
11-21-2007, 07:29 PM
And why is Mass Effect all that? Is it better then Gears? Why is it all that?

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Dont listen to Jakncoke. 4ts not awful.
But I cant belive your friend would even consider getting it over Gears.
Tell him to read the reviews that should help him decide.

wth is 4ts? are you saying why would he consider getting Gears because you think it sucks or awesome?

If you don't know about Mass Effect already then I pity you, go look at some vids and previews...epic game and the ratings prove. Bioware ftw.

Raw!
11-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Actually, I never said I didn't know it. But I want to know why it is all that.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
So you have looked at previews and vids? From that alone how can you not say epic? and the ratings just is icing on the cake.

92 after 33 reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect#critics

Scott
11-21-2007, 07:44 PM

Mass Effect is one of this years big dissapointments.
Its not the game we thought it would be. There might be a lot of planets but there isnt much to see or do on them.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Mass Effect is one of this years big dissapointments.
Its not the game we thought it would be. There might be a lot of planets but there isnt much to see or do on them.

Your high completely, 92 a disappointment ? huh...you people on this site are crazy.

Toxic
11-21-2007, 08:09 PM
This has gone so off topic..
ME should be a good game. But this thread is for disscusing Timeshift. I think
your friend should get it if he likes those type of games. Reviewers are all
full of BS anway.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 08:12 PM
This has gone so off topic..
ME should be a good game. But this thread is for disscusing Timeshift. I think
your friend should get it if he likes those type of games. Reviewers are all
full of BS anway.

I wouldn't say that, sure I don't agree with a lot of them but if everyone gives a sub 40 or high 90's pretty much dead-on

Scott
11-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Reviewers are all
full of BS anway.

Yeah they completely overhyped Mario Galaxy

Toxic
11-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah they completely overhyped Mario Galaxy

Hey thats a classic. Clearly you havent played it. Well why dont you play it then see what you think.
Will be back Im eating right now.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Scott I'm really struggling to understand your motive here? You say Mass Effect is a huge disappointment even though it scored a 92 and a game that surpassed OOT is now over hyped, explain yourself

getpopcorn.gif and waits for Scot to make another post that makes him look like a mentally challenged kid

Scott
11-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey thats a classic. Clearly you havent played it. Well why dont you play it then see what you think.
Will be back Im eating right now.

Look anything with Mario in the title is going to get a good review simply because its Mario.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Look anything with Mario in the title is going to get a good review simply because its Mario.

you fail

Mario Strikers Charged- 79= average
Mario & Sonic @ the Olympic Games= 66 below average
Mario Party 8= 62 below average

That's just this gen.

Toxic
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't say that, sure I don't agree with a lot of them but if everyone gives a sub 40 or high 90's pretty much dead-on

Did you ever play the Jaws game I bet you didnt because it got a bad review but I thought it was fun getting to play as a shark eating people.
Just because a reviewer doesnt like it doesnt mean you wont.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Did you ever play the Jaws game I bet you didnt because it got a bad review but I thought it was fun getting to play as a shark eating people.
Just because a reviewer doesnt like it doesnt mean you wont.

No I didn't, why would you listen to 1 reviewer btw? Each person tastes differ but most of the time are spot on , also since when did I say I don't play games that rated bad? I really don't pay attention to reviewers... like it didn't matter what AC got there was no way I was buying that.

Scott
11-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Your high completely, 92 a disappointment ? huh...you people on this site are crazy.

Well it was supposed to be GOTY. Apparently 77% of the game is spent in the buggy exploring absolutly nothing...

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Well it was supposed to be GOTY. Apparently 77% of the game is spent in the buggy exploring absolutly nothing...

to each there own if you want to miss a epic classic that's up to you, 77% buggy ? says who? smells like BS.

Toxic
11-21-2007, 09:06 PM

Arent you supposed to try to get this thread back on topic?...
I dont think I will get ME. I might just ask for it for xmas.

Scott
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM
you fail

Mario Strikers Charged- 79= average
Mario & Sonic @ the Olympic Games= 66 below average
Mario Party 8= 62 below average

That's just this gen.

What about Super Mario Sunshine it got good scores even though it wasnt that great.

jakncoke
11-21-2007, 09:48 PM
What about Super Mario Sunshine it got good scores even though it wasnt that great.

I personally never played but I have heard Nintendo fanboys liked it so yeah. Also just because a game scores good doesn't mean you'll like but it also doesn't mean the media overrated it either as your probably in the minority.

Edit: You mention Super Mario Sunshine you did notice I only mentioned Wii mario games?

Scott
11-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I personally never played but I have heard Nintendo fanboys liked it so yeah. Also just because a game scores good doesn't mean you'll like but it also doesn't mean the media overrated it either as your probably in the minority.

Edit: You mention Super Mario Sunshine you did notice I only mentioned Wii mario games?

Yeah but I'm talking about all the popular Mario and Zelda games. All of them have gotten crazy high scores and I just don't understand why.
GTA is the same. The PSP games weren't exactly awesome but they still got good scores.

Arent you supposed to try to get this thread back on topic?...
I dont think I will get ME. I might just ask for it for xmas.

Uh I don't think I'm going to be demoted for discussing ME in this thread.

to each there own if you want to miss a epic classic that's up to you, 77% buggy ? says who? smells like BS.

Well the magazine I have been getting for 4 years now. They are the only ones I listen too. And according to them it's not as good as KOTOR.

wth is 4ts? are you saying why would he consider getting Gears because you think it sucks or awesome?

Uh 4ts is Its I was using the PSP. I think he should go with Gears. It's one of the best 360 games so far.

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Are TimeShift any good games? :)

Scott
11-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Are TimeShift any good games? :)

Well it's pretty much just an average shooter. Have you played Bioshock I'd suggest you try it.

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah but I'm talking about all the popular Mario and Zelda games. All of them have gotten crazy high scores and I just don't understand why.
GTA is the same. The PSP games weren't exactly awesome but they still got good scores.

Because there great games, I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand . Your entitled to your opinion and have your own tastes in games but just because you don't see them as great doesn't mean there not and doesn't mean almost everyone agrees.

Well the magazine I have been getting for 4 years now. They are the only ones I listen too. And according to them it's not as good as KOTOR.

Yeah pic or didn't happen

Apparently I have to add text outside the quote.

Raw!
11-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Okay. My friend recently told me that he wants to forgot about TimeShift, and now he has changed his opinion to Mass Effect and Gears. I don't know what to tell him. Is Mass Effect bad as Scott says? Or is it as good as jakncoke says?

Scott
11-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Okay. My friend recently told me that he wants to forgot about TimeShift, and now he has changed his opinion to Mass Effect and Gears. I don't know what to tell him. Is Mass Effect bad as Scott says? Or is it as good as jakncoke says?

It's not that it's a bad game. It's just not the GOTY it was supposed to be. If you're friend liked KOTOR he should go with ME or if he likes RPG's. But I don't know how you can compare Gears to anything. It's the best game in years.