PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion > Mass Effect

TeknoVagrant
11-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I have read many reviews from players that the space exploration is very boring in Mass Effect, Oblivion had a better formula for letting players explore. What do u guys think?

I have not bought ME yet, and after reading many bad reviews from actual players and not gaming sites I am not planning on getting ripped off by a boring 15-20 Hour game.

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Many Reviews? I would like to see these reviews that say the game is boring, this is the 2nd person on this site that has claimed such a thing and you should be careful who you listen on the net cause I'm getting more and more a feeling the PS3 and Wii fanboys are trying to wreck Mass Effect's parade of greatness. Also my opinion on Obivion, it was good but way too long to be great, glad they improved load times on the PS3 version though.

Scott
11-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Many Reviews? I would like to see these reviews that say the game is boring, this is the 2nd person on this site that has claimed such a thing and you should be careful who you listen on the net cause I'm getting more and more a feeling the PS3 and Wii fanboys are trying to wreck Mass Effect's parade of greatness. Also my opinion on Obivion, it was good but way too long to be great, glad they improved load times on the PS3 version though.

Huh I don't own a Wii or PS3 I prefer the Xboxes to anything. Why not look at gamespots score: 8.5 which is lower than AC and COD4 and it's the same with the mag I read the review in. Basically ME isn't as good as it was supposed to be.

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Did I mention your name, no ? Also 1 review doesn't mean a damn thing. If you want to bring the BS into this article I'll bring it as well, yes COD4 scored better but so what you can't even compare it with ME and AC scored less but still you can't compare it as there in 3 different genres.

Mass Effect- 92 - 34 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect
AC - 83 - 35 reviews( also a game suppose to be AAA and gets only good reviews and in many they complain about it's repetitive ...< sits back and watches you go insane as I insult your precious game>
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed
Call of Duty 4- 44 reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/callofduty4modernwarfare

Scott
11-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree that AC is repetitive yeah you're always doing the same things. I was really looking forward to ME because I enjoyed KOTOR but it doesn't sound or look as good, I'm going to the game shop tomorrow to get my PSP fixed I'll see what I think then...

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree that AC is repetitive yeah you're always doing the same things. I was really looking forward to ME because I enjoyed KOTOR but it doesn't sound or look as good, I'm going to the game shop tomorrow to get my PSP fixed I'll see what I think then...

You know if you don't think it's going to be great then do 2 things

A) Not buy but respect the game for what it is.

B) Wait till it lowers to 30-40

Also you say well bu bu it was suppose to GOTY, well some people said that and still may win some seeing theres about 100 media places that hand it out, but that's your fault for hyping yourself up and really it may not win the GOTY award but does it really matter? I mean it's not the game flopped, another thing I bet it's only 15-20 cause they didn't want to ship on more than 1 dvd. I mean if PS3 Sonic won the GOTY, would it suddenly make the game fun? Nope just a placebol gamers have, they think game sales , game reviews and GOTY voting matter more than fun and it's truly sad how gaming has got.

Master_Dylmo
11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
damn...abit aguementative :p.. ME looks 1337.. i love/ed oblivon.. and i reckon mass effect is gonna pwn!! i might b gettin an XBOX360 4 xmas :D (a bit l8 i know but meh) and im gonna get all the 1337 games i could nvr play includin ME :D

Scott
11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
You if you don't think it's going to great then do 2 things

A) Not buy but respect the game for what it is.

B) Wait till it lowers to 30-40

Meh I'll probably try to get it sometime this year. I don't think it's the worst game ever I was just hoping it'd be better than KOTOR. It's really Halo that I think is the disappointment. It was just more of the same.