PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its just me, but UT3 looks boring.

Mr Cool
11-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes, the Graphics are amazing, drop dead gorgeous. But beyond that, it looks to be more of the same. Really fast paced, frag-a-thon, with more vehicles.

What is UT3 doing that it hasnt done before? Any innovative features? Perhaps its too fast paced for my taste, but when it comes to strictly gameplay, I'm not excited.

anyone feel the same way?

Scott
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Nope, not just you. It's Unreal Tournament, same as always, with a shiny coat of paint.

Monkeyboy
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
yep.

I found the PC demo way to fast paced that it made it boring.

The graphics are great but the gameplay never excited me at all.

Scott
11-22-2007, 09:54 PM
yep.

I found the PC demo way to fast paced that it made it boring.

The graphics are great but the gameplay never excited me at all.

I think the biggest problem is that when the games get too fast paced, they begin to lose their tactical level of play and become more of a twitch-and-run style.

That's one of the factors that really kills Shadowrun; too fast-paced.

Mr Cool
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Yea, it seems when a game is ultra fast paced, the strategic feel gets lost in translation. It seems like pointless frags, as opposed to carefully timed approach.

I think COD4 has the best feel, you got a realistic speed and a sprint when needed.

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Can't wait to buy UT3 for PS3, then again I'm picky and whiny like most around here+ haven't played a UT before

Monkeyboy
11-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I think the biggest problem is that when the games get too fast paced, they begin to lose their tactical level of play and become more of a twitch-and-run style.

That's one of the factors that really kills Shadowrun; too fast-paced.
I never found shadow run to be to fast paced at all but UT3 is like a horny rabbit on steroids.

People run past you at like 100mph and by the time you turn and shoot there gone or you have 2 people strafing all over the place that it just looks retarded the speed at which there doing it at.

If you like the really fast paced games then this will be an awsome game to add to your collection.

Unfortunatly i will pass.

TeknoVagrant
11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Nope, not just you. It's Unreal Tournament, same as always, with a shiny coat of paint.

I am with him the game is Dull, it looks pretty, but like MOST NEXT GEN games it has no real substance.

Mr Cool
11-22-2007, 10:01 PM
With so many FPS on the market, they really need to do something innovative and fun to stand out, at least for me. I looking forward to Battlefield bad company, total destrucitve enviornments in a FPS is what ive always wanted.

Monkeyboy
11-22-2007, 10:02 PM
With so many FPS on the market, they really need to do something innovative and fun to stand out, at least for me. I looking forward to Battlefield bad company, total destrucitve enviornments in a FPS is what ive always wanted.

Ye battlefield is one i am looking forward too aswell.

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Then Fracture is right up your ally, another game I'm looking forward to, haven't heard anything about it in a long time though..hopefully it isn't canned