PDA

View Full Version : EA does it again. Orange Box Is Going to Suck on PS3

TeknoVagrant
11-22-2007, 10:09 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3164539

This game runs on low end PC's yet they can't get it to work on PS3

While the PC and Xbox 360 versions were handled by Valve, the PS3 port was handed off to an internal team at EA. Originally scheduled to be released day and date with the PC and 360 versions, the PS3 Orange Box has been delayed until December. PS3 owners, forced to watch from the sidelines as their gaming kindred inundates them with tales of Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal, continue to wait patiently for their chance to take a stroll through Valve's universe.

After spending a significant amount of time with a near final version of the PS3 game, it's apparent that this version suffers from a number of technical flaws, which at best merely hinder game play and at worst make the experience downright unplayable. Framerate is a consistent issue throughout the Half-Life series of games included in The Orange Box. One moment you'll be cruising through the game at 30 frames per second and the next you'll be enjoying a slideshow of series protagonist Gordon Freeman cruising down the river. However, Portal suffers from no such technical hiccups and is on its way to being a pitch-perfect port of the spatial reasoning exercise. Due to a server connection issue, we were unable to get any time with Team Fortress 2.

Scott
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
EA couldn't port Pong to the Wii if they tried LOL

Monkeyboy
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Yea no kidding. I wonder why they even assigned this to some ****ty internal EA developer in the first place.

Mr Cool
11-22-2007, 10:12 PM

Well, EA did do a good job with Godfather: Black Hand Edition for the Wii and MAdden 2007 so that leads me to only one conclusion, is the PS3 that hard to develop for?

jakncoke
11-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, EA did do a good job with Godfather: Black Hand Edition for the Wii and MAdden 2007 so that leads me to only one conclusion,is the PS3 that h ard to develop for?
For EA it is,everyone else seem to be doing a fine job, I mean every sports titles runs at 30fps while 360 version gets 60fps...seriously these people don't deserve anything. The only things in EA that are good are people that are just owned by them, the internal guys suck at life.

Toxic
11-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Well, EA did do a good job with Godfather: Black Hand Edition for the Wii and MAdden 2007 so that leads me to only one conclusion, is the PS3 that hard to develop for?

Or EA just doesn't even try?. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even use the SPU's at all and just compressed all the code for the PPU. They should of handed the game over to Sony, who would have pwnt it.

Mr Cool
11-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Or EA just doesn't even try?. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even use the SPU's at all and just compressed all the code for the PPU. They should of handed the game over to Sony, who would have pwnt it.

Well, that too....NBA and MAdden 2008 comes to mind....I mean, how hard is it to port a 3 year old game to the PS3 anyway?

Ghost
11-24-2007, 12:51 AM
If this keeps on they should cancel the game for the console.

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm have hear so much about Orange box and wonder if they is recommend to bought it a store. :D

Master_Dylmo
11-24-2007, 06:12 AM
well... hopefully i can convince my dad to get an Xbox360 ratther than a PS3 4 Xmas lol!!

Scott
11-24-2007, 02:26 PM
If this keeps on they should cancel the game for the console.

Better to not have it at all than have a half-ass port.