PDA

View Full Version : Forum's New Front Page

LiNuX
11-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Well if you haven't already noticed yet, which is very hard, the front home page has changed its look. Now it has a brand new look to it with a left panel and a center panel with a lot of information.

On the left panel you will see a copy of the site navigation - looks better in my opinion lol.

Also you will see the "Current Poll" so if you've missed voting on a poll or have already voted in one, you will see it there and if you haven't voted yet, you get the option of voting then and there.

On the center panel you will see some news threads - mostly will be from the Forum Talk board and occasionally I will add new ones manually from other boards if they seem good enough.

Under that you will see Recent Threads board where you will see 10 of the most recent threads that were posted in. They are bumped up whenever someone replies to it.

If you click the Game Reviews link anywhere on the forum - you will not see our own review cms anymore because it has been removed, Don't worry because if you haven't already noticed the Game Reviews category - we will make threads and it will be posted in the new game reviews page and from now on, you will be able to leave comments, ask questions, and etc.. in the game reviews instead of just reading the thread without giving it a piece of your mind.

I will be working on setting up the game reviews page - just be patient and it will be here soon.

Thank you, hope you like the new look!

LiNuX :-)

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 05:20 PM
That front page looking very nice, you did a great job. :D

Scott
11-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah it's awesome!.

LiNuX
11-24-2007, 06:12 PM
thanks, im still modifying parts of it so you may see more changes - i had to modify all themes that are working - including some none of you can see besides me lol :D

hollerfromelz
11-24-2007, 06:29 PM
looks very cool.. good job master haha

conman1000
11-24-2007, 06:43 PM
It looks very good. It helps because it shows you th emost recent posts.

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Well, it's helping you a lot and of course Linux it's the top poster in the forums. xD

conman1000
11-24-2007, 06:49 PM
and of course Linux it's the top poster in the forums. xD

I know, that's what I was thinking,

"I think LiNuX will be there for a long time.":spinny:

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, I have one suggestions about the forum, get a new theme and logons like Animeonline forums. Then we should have a RPG mode :D

LiNuX
11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
to new theme - working on it

logons like anime - i dont know what that is so i dont care :-P

RPG mode - no because its a whole script and it will interfere with some other scripts im running, don't need an explosion

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Well Linux I believe that was a great idea but yeah like you said before Gamers-forum had some mystery and that's true. Well I believe it's nothing wrong with the RPG but yeah the forum have acting weird but isn't that something you can do about it.

to new theme - working on it

logons like anime - i dont know what that is so i dont care :-P

RPG mode - no because its a whole script and it will interfere with some other scripts im running, don't need an explosion

Toxic
11-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes I like it too. It was a good idea.

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm have been playing RPG in another forums who had the same forum as you have and I believe that was funny there you can lvl up and found a party and everything. :D

Metallica1983
11-25-2007, 12:01 AM
man the new page looks great andf btw how come im not getting e-mail notifications when somone posts in a thread that i am subscrbied to

LiNuX
11-25-2007, 12:16 AM
man the new page looks great andf btw how come im not getting e-mail notifications when somone posts in a thread that i am subscrbied to

i think we have a problem with the PM and email notifications

Metallica1983
11-25-2007, 12:47 AM
yea i wuz wondering wut was goin on but i knew it had somthin to do with the recent forum upgrade u did

LiNuX
11-25-2007, 12:54 AM
yeah its causing a few problems - caused with the arcade and i fixed that - i have to fix this now - i think its blocking the notification system - because when we had the tournament - there was no pm notification of winning or losing

GF Eric
11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
It looks great. The polls are random and the fact that is says welcome back rocks.

Metallica1983
11-25-2007, 06:10 PM
yeah hopefully LiNuX got all the bugs out almost all the bugs out of the forum

btw very cool and funny sig Eric lol:laugh:

GF Eric
11-25-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah hopefully LiNuX got all the bugs out almost all the bugs out of the forum

btw very cool and funny sig Eric lol:laugh:

Thanks I like it myself. It's very funny. :laugh::D

Raw!
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
New page looks great. I recommend you actually do a different one, but having the poll at the left. But by different I mean like different background then red. Like some blue, white, darkish, etc.

LiNuX
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
New page looks great. I recommend you actually do a different one, but having the poll at the left. But by different I mean like different background then red. Like some blue, white, darkish, etc.

it gets the colors and graphics from the regular template which is red lol - i cant change that unless i change the whole look of the forum and that should be done soon as well :)

Blackbird
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, that's should be great with a nice theme. :)

wifi
11-26-2007, 08:18 AM
i gotta say im lovin' the new front page :D

akulho
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Very cool. Good job, Linux.

LiNuX
01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
im sure people already know about the front page, if anyone else has more questions just Post here or open your own thread

thread is being unstickied