PDA

View Full Version : 15-year-old girl jailed with 20 men

Toxic
11-24-2007, 10:52 PM
A 15-YEAR-old girl was put in a Brazilian jail cell with more than 20 men, and for a month was raped relentlessly and forced to have sex for food, human rights groups say.

"She was raped from day one'' at the jail in Para state, a Children and Adolescent Defence Centre (Cedeca) spokeswoman said.

The number of men in the cell varied from 20 to 34 while the girl, a robbery suspect, was there.

"She was raped innumerable times and forced to exchange sexual relations for food,'' said Miere Cohen, the president of the Order of Brazilian Lawyers Human Rights Commission.

Media reports of the case have sparked outrage across Brazil, especially since it closely followed an earlier incident of a 23-year-old woman who was also jailed in Para state for one month together with 70 men.

The teenager, whose identity was not disclosed, was arrested in Para state capital Abaetetuba on October 21 on suspicion of robbery and put behind bars at a local police station jailhouse until an anonymous caller tipped off the media.

"Nobody really knows what she was charged with. She was a suspect in a robbery but police were unable to tell us which robbery. There was no formal charge,'' Ms Cohen said.

The girl's lawyers said police at one point said they believed the suspect was not under-age.

"Whether she was 15, 20, 50, 80 or 100 doesn't matter. A woman should not have been kept in a jail cell with men,'' Para Governor Ana Julia Carepa said.

She said she would mete out "exemplary punishment'' in the case.

The girl, whose family is very poor, "is distraught and very afraid, but said she's able to recognise the police officers who locked her up and the detainees who raped her. She's ready to talk", the Cedeca spokeswoman said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...l?from=mostpop

All I can say is WTF.

Scott
11-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounds like the plot to a "movie" I downloaded.

Ghost
11-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Yep, that's been all over the news. Gross.

TeknoVagrant
11-25-2007, 04:44 AM
That's horrible. I can't even imagine the things she's been through.

GF Eric
11-25-2007, 05:24 PM
OH OHHHHHHHH :confused1: That is just plain wrong. Sick people.

Blackbird
11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Well that of course it wrong why put she another cell grr

Jenatello
11-26-2007, 12:06 AM
please this **** happens to men every single day, but oh no, put a girl in it and all of a sudden it's not right? Give me a break.... Men who are weak or afraid to speak up have the same thing happen to them and sometimes they don't even make it out alive. I'm not saying that what happened to her wasn't wrong but if people are going to make a big deal about it they need to open their eyes and see that it goes on all the time. It sucked because she was 15 but still young men and the elderly are raped in jail all the time, and no one seems to care, what makes this case different? The fact that a "little girl" was raped? To be honest if her family was poor and that means that she was probably forced to have sex for money by her family, instead in jail it was for food... the world is a ****ed up place but if you are going to be upset about something you should have been upset about it from the first moment that someone, whether it was a man, women, whatever, was raped.

Sucks for the girl and her family but I hate how things like this only come into the light when its so extreme like this is.

Monkeyboy
11-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Somebody is going to get F'd in the A for this...

Cov3rt
11-26-2007, 06:30 AM
That is terrible. Again. Stories like these make you realize how sick the world really is.

TeknoVagrant
11-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Somebody is going to get F'd in the A for this...

ya hopefully...

conman1000
11-26-2007, 07:57 AM
That is just sick and wrong.