PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher vs. Mass Effect

TeknoVagrant
11-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeap.. both of these games have great stories, but the Witcher beats it hands down in interface, gameplay, sound, rpg-ness, and overall presentation. Graphics belong to Mass Effect. Both games have annoying bugs although my only complaint about the Witcher is it's load times.

Monkeyboy
11-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I keep hearing about this Witcher game. I might have to get it. I played Mass Effect and just like many games on this site ppl overrate them. How smart is the AI on The Witcher? because they are damn dumb on Mass Effect. The Story is OK from what I'v been playing on ME but it sure isn't no Final Fantasy good. ME actually feels like it was made for the PC.

Toxic
11-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Im actually looking forward to picking up The Witcher sometime soon, rather than Mass Effect. And I was really looking forward to Mass Effect the past year or so.

Cov3rt
11-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Witcher for keeping it real and not watering down for the masses

DeadCell
11-26-2007, 07:06 AM
The Witcher. It's been a looooong time since I played a truly good cRPG. It's one of the best I've played. First Mask of the Betrayer, then The Witcher, and Age of Decadence is on the way. Perhaps good cRPGs aren't dead afterall

Supermoose
11-26-2007, 07:08 AM
It depends on your preference. if you like actiony games, you're gonna like Mass Effect a lot more. If you like deeper games, you're probably gonna lean towards the witcher. But I haven't had the chance to play either, despite how much I want to.

Ghost
11-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Witcher for keeping it real and not watering down for the masses

So are you saying Mass Effect is watered down? Please explain yourself.

Cov3rt
11-26-2007, 07:12 AM

In terms of role-playing, Mass Effect is watered down. Its role-playing elements are piss-poor when compared to other RPGs, such as Fallout and the like. And since the role-playing elements are the most important part of any RPG...

distilarouk
07-20-2011, 10:00 PM

If you think on it The Witcher is actually a RPG. your choices make a bigger difference. where as in Mass Effect it the "Dick scale", meaning you get a choice to be a "dick" or not in conversations/situations. mass effect 2 went a little deeper into the RPG element than it's predecessor but not as far as it should of. still had the "Dick Scale" in it though. not a fan of those

Slay
07-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Isn't their a new witcher soon?
My vote goes to mass effect until I see it..

distilarouk
07-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Isn't their a new witcher soon?
My vote goes to mass effect until I see it..

Yeah The Witcher 2 is already out

Synge
07-20-2011, 10:47 PM
^ And it's awesome, I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: This thread was from '07 :/