PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you make international calls in N. Korea

Scott
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
150,000 watch North Korean factory boss executed for 'making international calls' (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=496470&in_page_id=1811&ito=newsnow)

A North Korean factory boss accused of making international phone calls was executed by a firing squad in front of 150,000 people, it emerged today.

The manager was gunned down in a sports stadium in South Pyongan province after authorities claimed he'd installed 13 in a basement to reach the outside world, the Good Friends aid agency revealed.

And six people were also crushed to death and 34 others injured in an apparent stampede as they left after the execution, it was claimed.

The factory chief's death last month came as executions in the communist dictatorship began increasing after a seven-year decline in the number of people publicly killed.

North Korea had faced a barrage of international criticism over claims it has executed many innocent people.

Its citizens are banned from communicating with the outside world, part of the regime's authoritarian policies seeking to prevent any challenge to the iron-fisted rule of Kim Jong Il.

The North has carried out four other similar public executions by firing squad against regional officials and heads of factories in recent months, Good Friends revealed.

"It is aimed at educating (North Koreans) to control society and prevent crimes," the group's head Venerable Pomnyun said in a press conference.

Good Friends gave no exact figures of the public executions this year, although the group has a good reputation as previous reports of what was happening in the country have later been confirmed.

Its report came a week after a UN General Assembly committee adopted a draft resolution expressing "very serious concern" at reports of widespread human rights violations in North Korea, including public executions.

The resolution, co-sponsored by more than 50 countries including the United States and many other Western nations, was sent to the 192-member General Assembly for a final vote.

The North has condemned the draft, saying it was inaccurate and biased.

The communist country insists it does not violate human rights, but it has long been accused of imposing the death penalty for political reasons, holding thousands in prison camps, torturing border-crossers and severely restricting freedom of expression and religion.
Wow that's horrible

Supermoose
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Glad I live in the good ol' US of A.

Jenatello
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Glad I live in the good ol' US of A.

and how. But if it ever came down to it I would gladly move to Canada! :D yay Moose!

Scott
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
and how. But if it ever came down to it I would gladly move to Canada! :D yay Moose!

What about Britain?....

Riku-Nara
11-27-2007, 12:41 PM
yesyes, what about britian? :P

but damn, they're like mega crazy in korea.

jakncoke
11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
north korea, f-ing commies

DeadCell
11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Honestly, what's it going to take to turn this country around? Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it gotten to a point where Kim Jong Il is on the same level as Stalin? The country is one big prison. I've gone from feeling uneasy about a war with North Korea to sorry for them.

Mr Cool
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
The reason the USA doesn't get involved is because they supposedly have Nuclear weapons...

Cov3rt
11-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Eventually, North Korea will implode on itself. It's only a matter of time. You can starve, beat, neglect and crush the spirits of people for only so long like ole Kim has done before even the quietest of mouses roars a giant "***** YOU BUDDY!" in defiance.

Toxic
11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
The reason the USA doesn't get involved is because they supposedly have Nuclear weapons...

No it isn't.

Scott
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Which are supposedly being dismantled as part of an agreement. The reason is China.