PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. coming to the X360?

Scott
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
What we heard: For years, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl was considered borderline vaporware. After being announced in 2001, the PC title routinely surfaced to show off its detailed visuals before disappearing into the ether for months at a time. It missed showings at several Electronic Entertainment Expos, and announcements of its repeated delays became a staple of the earnings reports of its publisher, THQ.

However, in March, the impossible happened--S.T.A.L.K.E.R. finally materialized on PCs worldwide. Despite its age, the game received solid reviews, thanks to its hybridization of first-person shooter action and role-playing game elements. Though its near-100,000 units in US sales were not as hot as Chernobyl's still-radioactive core, they were enough to warrant a prequel--S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, due out next March.

Given the six years of work that went into S.T.A.L.K.E.R., many wondered if GSC might bring the game to the burgeoning console market. The developer clearly played on those expectations today, announcing via an e-mail newsletter that it has been officially certified by Microsoft as an Xbox 360 developer. In fact, some had expected a console game to be among the several new projects set in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe that GSC promised to unveil at E3 2007. Instead, the company simply took the wraps off Clear Sky.

"We are happy to say the big efforts of our company aimed to obtain the official Xbox 360 developer status now ended with success," said GSC CEO Sergiy Grygorovych in a statement. "Obtaining such a status for an independent developer based in the ex-USSR means a lot--it took us over two years to get. ... Our old ambition to create multiplatform projects has become a reality."

The official story: Before 360 owners start crafting their mutant-hunting strategy, they should note that GSC's announcement does not mention any specific title is coming to the console. In fact, Grygorovych goes out of his way to emphasize that "we will continue paying maximum attention to the PC platform." E-mails sent to GSC's Kiev headquarters asking to clarify this morning's semicontradictory announcement had not been answered as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has been officially announced for the Xbox 360. Not bogus that the developer is working on several S.T.A.L.K.E.R. projects and wouldn't mind emulating the multiplatform success of Half-Life 2, which was ported from the PC to the 360 (and PlayStation 3) via The Orange Box.

link (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26066149&sid=6183338&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1)

i hope so i awalys wanted to play the game but my rig sucks that bad

Supermoose
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
It doesn't say anything but them want to be multiplatform devs. Even it they did release Stalker to consoles I would tell ppl to rent it firsts since it was buggy on PC.

jakncoke
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I can see more and more PC games ported over to consoles. PC gaming is as close to dead as you can get.

Toxic
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
yea i was looking foward to playing stalker for years. It really caught my eye when it was introduced. Then it seemed like it would never come out and i lost interest in it and never really cared about it anymore. Maybe when it comes to xbox i can rent it or watch somebody else play it. Ah well, another good addition to the box i guess, if it's not buggy ofcourse.