PDA

View Full Version : Is the PS3 worth the money (find out)

Metallica1983
11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Do you think the PS3 is worth your money, I don't think it is. To me the PlayStation 3 is an over grown version of the PSP. It has the same exact dashboard feature like the PSP. It has the Internet capability like the PSP. This console is just a bigger copy of it's handheld counterpart and there are not many games for it right now. But the PS3 also has its good features. The graphics engine is amazing. The games coming to the PS3 are going to be amazing. This system will have a lot of things going for it in the near future. But the price is still very steep. It used to be $600 but Sony dropped the price by $100 making it $500 which is still too much for the average gamer to afford.

Pros:

1. Amazing graphics engine

2. very amazing games and some great ones on the way

Cons:

1.Expensive Price

2. Too much like the PSP

3. Not many games on the market for it

Final Score 5/10

Comment:

I personally don't like the PS3 even though I am a Sony fan. I just don't think this system is a good way to spend your money. But if your a die hard Sony fan than go ahead and buy the PS3. Theres nothing I can do to stop you

Strickin
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I would definitely get a PS3, but with that $600 price tag....

GF Eric
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
There is only a handful of games and the online is only local (Country). I wouldn't get it even if its a gift to me. I would just sell for new games for my 360.

jakncoke
11-28-2007, 09:51 PM

erm have you missed the news? there 500 and 400

and to the OP there is plenty of games to play if you don't have a 360 already, the no game argument is out the window. The dashboard is fine, who give a flying f#c# about the internet capability its a console that's just a gimmick add-on not a main feature, too much like the PSP as a con?:laugh:, you gotta work better at your FUD.

@ GF, online isn't regionized like your putting it.

Okay to put the hand full of games to a rest

RFOM
Oblivion
Motorstorm
The Darkness
Eye Judgement
Ratchet and Clank
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Uncharted
Rock Band
Guitar Hero 3
Heavenly Sword
COD 4
Rainbow 6
VF5
Skate
Warhawk
Dirt
Hot Shots Golf 5
MLB Baseball(way better than 2k baseball and the bigs)
Assassins Creed

And then you got others that are worth purchasing in my eyes but probably not others

And then you got the game of the future, so if you want to pass on a very underrated system and want to continue imbred fanboy hate for whichever and pass that's your problem not mine.

Strickin
11-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow, the PS3 has a lot of nice games out that I would die for lol. I might see if I cant russle up a few hundred $$ for one of those babies, I mean I did have a PS and a PS2 so why stop at PS3 right?

Metallica1983
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM

yeah Jakncoke is right ps3 is the same price as a 360 and its goin to go down even further

erm have you missed the news? there 500 and 400

and to the OP there is plenty of games to play if you don't have a 360 already, the no game argument is out the window. The dashboard is fine, who give a flying f#c# about the internet capability its a console that's just a gimmick add-on not a main feature, too much like the PSP as a con?:laugh:, you gotta work better at your FUD.

@ GF, online isn't regionized like your putting it.

Okay to put the hand full of games to a rest

RFOM
Oblivion
Motorstorm
The Darkness
Eye Judgement
Ratchet and Clank
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Uncharted
Rock Band
Guitar Hero 3
Heavenly Sword
COD 4
Rainbow 6
VF5
Skate
Warhawk
Dirt
Hot Shots Golf 5
MLB Baseball(way better than 2k baseball and the bigs)
Assassins Creed

And then you got others that are worth purchasing in my eyes but probably not others

And then you got the game of the future, so if you want to pass on a very underrated system and want to continue imbred fanboy hate for whichever and pass that's your problem not mine.

@ jak i thought DIRT was a 360 exclusive its not for PS3:confused1:

wifi
11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
isnt the price gonna go down during this christmas? well it should and good review shadow :D

Toxic
11-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I have absolutly no interest in the PS3. Because there's too many exclusives going multi format and I don't have that much time to play games heck I haven't even finished COD4 yet!

jakncoke
11-29-2007, 07:41 PM
isnt the price gonna go down during this christmas? well it should and good review shadow :D
It already is 80gb is 500 and 40gb is 400

@ jak i thought DIRT was a 360 exclusive its not for PS3:confused1:

timed, Dirt was released on 360 back in April, PS3 got it Sept 11th

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/cmr07/index.html

I have absolutly no interest in the PS3. Because there's too many exclusives going multi format and I don't have that much time to play games heck I haven't even finished COD4 yet!

That hasn't happened in a long time, in fact the last exclusive to jump ship are 360 to PS3, Eternal Sonata and Lost Planet, but I can see a reason why a 360 owner wouldn't be interested in a PS3 at this point in time.

Scott
11-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I was going to buy one of these but now that Haze isn't even on it for Xmas I'm not interested. Maybe I'll just get one next year

Toxic
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
That hasn't happened in a long time, in fact the last exclusive to jump ship are 360 to PS3, Eternal Sonata and Lost Planet, but I can see a reason why a 360 owner wouldn't be interested in a PS3 at this point in time.

Well Soul Caliber and Devil May Cry are both going to be on the Xbox 360. And there is rumours saying MGS4 and the next Tekken will be on 360.... So I don't see the point in paying all that money for a few games.

glenofimaal
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
doesn't the PS3 have a blu-ray thing installed in it?

warboss.gremlin
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I think you are forgetting what they took out of the PS3 to make it that lower price. It used to have a lot more features. I think you guys kind of missed the other point of releasing the PS3 too. Although it is competing for the game console area, PS3 was also meant to compete for the home theatre area (pass), and it was meant to be the host of sony's billion dollar idea bluray (fail). It is not all about the games anymore. To me, I just saw the PS3 as a way to launch bluray. However, in my opinion, I think it was too early as people are only starting to really get into HD.

Scott
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
doesn't the PS3 have a blu-ray thing installed in it?

Yes it does you can play Blu-ray movies on it as soon as you take it out the box. Unlike the 360 where you gotta pay another £100

Raw!
03-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Goku, even though you aren't going to answer..
do you have the PS3?

jakncoke
03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Goku, even though you aren't going to answer..
do you have the PS3?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. anyone that doesn't own one seems to bash it, ppl that own or have played it at a friends house a lot have either praised it or recognized what it's value now and in the future

Raw!
03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
And that's why I asked.
It's easy to make an assumption, and hard to prove it if you don't got it.
So you heard from a damn troll from a Wii-Fanboy that PS3 sucks. Well I heard from another troll on the PS3 forum that Wii sucks. It's the same damn thing.
Try proving with facts next time, thanks.
360 is much more than the PS3. Considering the stuff you need to get with it and Xbox Live.

Strive
03-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Everyone seems to start buying PS3, I think it might be one of the famous games in the world.

EpsilonX
03-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Well Soul Caliber and Devil May Cry are both going to be on the Xbox 360. And there is rumours saying <b>MGS4</b> and the next Tekken will be on 360.... So I don't see the point in paying all that money for a few games.

Nope. Its PS3 only. They had trouble fitting the whole game onto one ps3 disk...

Creed
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I personally see nothing wrong with the PS3, yet so many people bash it. And when I talk to them they tell me that they haven't even tried it before. How can you bash something that you haven't even tried before.

Many people say the XBox 360's better cause it has more games than the PS3. What they fail to notice is the the XBox was released about a year earlier than the PS# of course its gonna have more games.

Basically my point is don't bash the PS3 if you never tried it.

conman1000
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Eh, I don't really think it is worth 500 dollars.

Iceskater101
04-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I am really not much of a sony fan.. so buying the ps3 would probably be out of the question. and I have an xbox 360 but for some reason the psp seems interesting to me.
I mean and I would want the ps2 more than the upgrade because they have fun games

Hawk
08-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I dont like the fact that Sony were too lazy to get off their ass and make a different dashboard to the PSP.
And the fact that online is local only?
especially for me.. seeing as I live in the aus that means shi all people will be on.

I followed the PlayStation series since I was about... 9 years old... but now I've decided to switch to Xbox 360. And so far, I have yet to be dissapointed.

jakncoke
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I dont like the fact that Sony were too lazy to get off their ass and make a different dashboard to the PSP.
especially for me.. seeing as I live in the aus that means shi all people will be on.

I followed the PlayStation series since I was about... 9 years old... but now I've decided to switch to Xbox 360. And so far, I have yet to be dissapointed.

what are you talking about I play ppl from EU all the time.

Hawk
08-09-2008, 04:16 PM
There is only a handful of games and the online is only local (Country). I wouldn't get it even if its a gift to me. I would just sell for new games for my 360.

Well I guess that wasnt true then?

Shixx
08-09-2008, 04:44 PM

Why should they change something that Works? The PSP Dashboard and the PS3 Dashboard are both awesome and easy to navigate.. so why change it?

Hawk
08-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Why should they change something that Works? The PSP Dashboard and the PS3 Dashboard are both awesome and easy to navigate.. so why change it?

Thats your opinion, I dont like it.

Trunks
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Thats your opinion, I dont like it.

What's so bad about it? Why don't you like it? It seems fine to me, it's a lot like the psp, which is also really easy.

Hawk
08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Sure, its easy to use I just don't like the style at all.
I dunno maybe I'm just too picky..

rukisuto
08-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Sure, its easy to use I just don't like the style at all.
I dunno maybe I'm just too picky..

I understand, I don't like it either.
It's just about preference, there's no need to get on his case.

RogerWilhelm
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Back in the day, when the PS3 was young, I knew one person that had one. Everyone else had a 360, which had more online players anyway. I havent looked into even getting a PS3 though.

wildabe
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Ah how the price keeps dropping. Yes I think it is definitely worth the money as long as you have an HD tv and are ready to move to blueray. BlueRay alone is worth the price. And the PS3 can give you so much more entertainment. I can't wait to save some pennies and get me one.