PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Metallica1983
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Wii is one of the best game systems ever. It has motion sensitive game play and a wide range of games. It is made by the most well known game company ever Nintendo. Wii is the cheapest of the 3 next generation consoles going for only $250. Some of its games however do not have next generation graphics but the Wii does have a unique graphics engine but the games graphics are in no position to rival those of the PS3's or the X-Box 360's games graphics. But the Wii is a very fun and entertaining console that is a great source of exercise for all ages.

Pros:

1. motion sensitive game play

2. affordable price for a next gen console

3. fun and entertaining game play

4. wide range of games

5. great graphics engine

6. great source of exercise

Con:

1. some games do not have the best graphics

Final review: 9.5/10

comment:

The Wii is my all time favorite console. It is the best one you can buy. It is well worth your money and any real gamer would definatly get one. I highly recommend buying a Wii when ever you can.

wildabe
05-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Those graphics really played out not to be a "con" as long as the developers realize what they are working with and take advantage of the system. There are some very good looking games that don't require halo type graphics.

EpsilonX
05-31-2010, 10:57 AM
quite the detailed review...

anyways, the only downside i see to it is the lack of HD. i don't care about bad graphics, but in 480p its still fuzzy and blurry looking.

Charlotte
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
quite the detailed review...

anyways, the only downside i see to it is the lack of HD. i don't care about bad graphics, but in 480p its still fuzzy and blurry looking.

hmm this is old thread? :yes:

EpsilonX
05-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Yep but I'm just now seeing it since the person above me posted in it lol.

Charlotte
05-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Yep but I'm just now seeing it since the person above me posted in it lol.

oh lol that make sense! :laugh:

The_Known_Gamer
10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=LiNkInPaRk322;35532] affordable price for a next gen console

you can get the ps3 move which has improved the motion sensor part of thw wii and is affordable its like £40 in england normal price of a game and so is xobox kinect

Th3-devils-princess
10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
i want a wii they are awesoemly epic :)

Jaykub
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Wii is very awesome.. but this thread is a little old..

insert_cliche_here
10-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Yay! Super Paper Mario & Smash Bros Brawl are the bomb :D

(Kids still say that these days right? Right?!)

EpsilonX
10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I have a wee and in theory I like it, but I never actually play it. I might as well sell it, idk. I'd rather have a Playstation Move, but anyways I like the interface and stuff, but it's not HD (thus, it looks like crap on my tv) and the games aren't that great.

I want to sell it but there some games i wanna ply like goldeneye and that kirby yarn game.

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Such a lacking thread.. I may redo this...review? of the wii sometime soon. make it longer, actually in detail and such.

BobTD
04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Oh mention how MH3 by itself qualifies it as a system worth buy and cite everyone you know who JUST got MH3 with the system.

Echo
04-28-2011, 01:03 AM
I tried the Wii once.
I played Super Smash Bros. with that silly motion controller.
Then I gave up...

ZXDarknessfalls
04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I tried the Wii once.
I played Super Smash Bros. with that silly motion controller.
Then I gave up...

First off, you did it wrong. Why would you try it with the motion control when you could play it with a GC control or one of the other better options they gave you for a reason?

Second off, you did it wrong. Why did you try it with the motion control option when you Should have used a GC control or one of the other options.

Third off, Just.. F***.
You did it wrong.

This console has So much greatness that so many people seem to look over and most the time I hear people give up or dont give it a chance for a Really stupid reason. It makes me very sad : (

Echo
04-28-2011, 04:34 PM
First off, you did it wrong. Why would you try it with the motion control when you could play it with a GC control or one of the other better options they gave you for a reason?

Second off, you did it wrong. Why did you try it with the motion control option when you Should have used a GC control or one of the other options.

Third off, Just.. F***.
You did it wrong.

This console has So much greatness that so many people seem to look over and most the time I hear people give up or dont give it a chance for a Really stupid reason. It makes me very sad : (

Well.....first off....it's my opinion and I don't like it.
Secondly, if I were to play with a Game Cube controller, why would they package a motion controller in their retail release?
Thirdly.....it's my opinion...

ZXDarknessfalls
04-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Well.....first off....it's my opinion and I don't like it.
Secondly, if I were to play with a Game Cube controller, why would they package a motion controller in their retail release?
Thirdly.....it's my opinion...

Yea your right it is your opinion. Though I find it unfair to judge a game if you play it in a way that almost guaranties you will dislike it.
Its like me playing halo reach on legendary with no prior halo experience and not liking the game cause its to hard. Sure it may not be a good example cause not everyone likes halo but the idea is still there.

Ilyich Valken
04-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Yea your right it is your opinion. Though I find it unfair to judge a game if you play it in a way that almost guaranties you will dislike it.
Its like me playing halo reach on legendary with no prior halo experience and not liking the game cause its to hard. Sure it may not be a good example cause not everyone likes halo but the idea is still there.

Most won't go out and buy a GC controller or something just to not play it with the motion controls/wiimote. Not everyone that owns a Wii has/had a Gamecube.

Saph
04-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Very very lacking review :( I would honestly not call it a review, more an opinion.

You leave alot of very important information about the Wii out, Cause motion sensor technology is only the beginning. There're for example apps that you can add, the online Wii store. There' Netflix that connects to your Netflix account, there's browser, there's weather channel, there's all kinds of awesome stuff that a Wii can do that most other consoles cant do as efficiently.

I barely ever use my Dish Network to watch TV anymore, I just flip on my Wii and go on Netflix and it picks out a movie I might like based on what I've liked in the past :)

Deffinately need some more meat on those bones, bro.

Other then that, it was good in its simplicity, deffinately the best 'shorty' review I've seen :) It's very personal and gives more info than it should being so short.

Not a bad job at all, just needs some more info in it is all :) Do some research on what it actually can do etc. :D

Muffincat
04-29-2011, 12:32 AM
This thread is from 2007.

BobTD
04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
epic necromancy.

Anyways, My video capture card in in the mail, im going to force ZXD to do a few co-op reviews with me and this might be one of them.

He has such... good upbringing, when it comes to games lol.

ZXDarknessfalls
04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Most won't go out and buy a GC controller or something just to not play it with the motion controls/wiimote. Not everyone that owns a Wii has/had a Gamecube.

But it doesnt have to have a gc remote. You can use a wii mote sideways, or a classic, or a gc, or the wii mote and nun chuck. So either way you dont have to play it with the wii mote and nun chuck.

Other wise thank you Bob I appreciate that. I like to think I was raised correctly when it comes to these things : P

Saph
04-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Just saw Muffin say that this is from 2007 XD Unless ZXD insists, I might want to redo this one :)

ZXDarknessfalls
04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Just saw Muffin say that this is from 2007 XD Unless ZXD insists, I might want to redo this one :)

Hmm, well id Like to. But i haven't been on this forum as long as you have so if youd like to I wont object.

faby96
04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
i hate the wii bad graphics man, not for real gamers

Echo
04-30-2011, 04:41 PM

It's not for people who don't want it.
Real gamers....play games.

Saph
04-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Typical, another glistening-anime-eyes graphics loving gamer who wont play games unless it has cutting edge graphics.

A real gamer doesn't judge a game(or console) by its graphics, bro.

EDIT: @ZXD: Bro if you really wanna do it go ahead :) Just cause I have been here longer doesnt give me rights on a review :) I have written more than you, and you need something to prove yourself with(for what I dont know, I guess to show how good you are at game reviewing? :p ). So go ahead bro, if you want to, be my guest :) I'll look forward to reading it!

paecmaker
04-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Personally Im not that much into wii. The only time I really want to play it is with friends, then it is almost unbeatable.

Ilyich Valken
04-30-2011, 06:55 PM
You guys realize just because there's already a review or someone wants to do one on a certain game doesn't mean you can't do one, right?

Saph
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah we know it just doesnt make much sense to me to have 2 reviews on 1 game, seems like a waste of time if 1 person could review another game so we have 2 different games with reviews added to it :D

ZXDarknessfalls
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM
EDIT: @ZXD: Bro if you really wanna do it go ahead :) Just cause I have been here longer doesnt give me rights on a review :) I have written more than you, and you need something to prove yourself with(for what I dont know, I guess to show how good you are at game reviewing? :p ). So go ahead bro, if you want to, be my guest :) I'll look forward to reading it!

Well then This week I will be doing a review of the Wii for all who are interested.

Synge
05-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Like Paec, I almost never play my Wii.. There are a few great first party titles but for the most part it's close to my least favorite of the consoles I've owned. The best thing about it is the Virtual Console.

Fr0stByte
05-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Third off, Just.. F***.
You did it wrong.

i wouldnt call it greatness, i would call it novelty, they are two completely different things, sure i like to play tennis and bowl once in a while but it would never replace my ps3

ZXDarknessfalls
05-03-2011, 02:12 PM
i wouldnt call it greatness, i would call it novelty, they are two completely different things, sure i like to play tennis and bowl once in a while but it would never replace my ps3

So what about the people who use the Wii for the games that dont deal with bowling and tennis? I dont know why, but it seems like a lot of people have this misconception that the Wii doesnt have any hardcore titles for fans of good games. Sure there is a lot of third party crap but pick through that and there is a lot of good games. You may use a Wii for bowling and tennis but I'm going to use it for the Metroid Prime Trilogy, SSBB, ToS, and so many other great games. The 360 and ps3 both have motion control portions to them now, doesnt mean that they are novelties because of it. O no the Wii has motion controls that some people dont like! Then turn them off and play the good games out there without hating on the whole system that many of you clearly havn't really looked into.

paecmaker
05-03-2011, 02:15 PM
If you want a hardcore game, try Madworld.

ZXDarknessfalls
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
If you want a hardcore game, try Madworld.

Speaking of, I have always wanted to try that game out cause I hear its actually really fun. Anyone play that game before and know if its one I should pick up and try out?

paecmaker
05-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Speaking of, I have always wanted to try that game out cause I hear its actually really fun. Anyone play that game before and know if its one I should pick up and try out?

I thought it was pretty funny. But Ive I think its kinda one way. Its all about smashing funny cartoon guys and kill them in such a bloody way as possible. You get points for killing them in a good way, and theres special killing moves and challenges that gives more points. When you get enough points you can face the boss. Did I mention the commentaries. And the funny killing moves. Ah yes the black baron.

Its all about killing in the game. and its black and white cartonish style(only the blood is red)

Fr0stByte
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
So what about the people who use the Wii for the games that dont deal with bowling and tennis? I dont know why, but it seems like a lot of people have this misconception that the Wii doesnt have any hardcore titles for fans of good games. Sure there is a lot of third party crap but pick through that and there is a lot of good games. You may use a Wii for bowling and tennis but I'm going to use it for the Metroid Prime Trilogy, SSBB, ToS, and so many other great games. The 360 and ps3 both have motion control portions to them now, doesnt mean that they are novelties because of it. O no the Wii has motion controls that some people dont like! Then turn them off and play the good games out there without hating on the whole system that many of you clearly havn't really looked into.

OK ill give you super smash brothers but in terms of performance it doesnt match my ps3, once you have a taste for steak you will never go back for hamburgers. And yeh ps3 has psmove....which is dire its quite laggy and i much prefer using the normal controller (may look into the new vt with move though). I love 'hardcore' games but playing call of duty on a wii....im just not buying it

ZXDarknessfalls
05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
OK ill give you super smash brothers but in terms of performance it doesnt match my ps3, once you have a taste for steak you will never go back for hamburgers. And yeh ps3 has psmove....which is dire its quite laggy and i much prefer using the normal controller (may look into the new vt with move though). I love 'hardcore' games but playing call of duty on a wii....im just not buying it

And anyone who isn't stupid (no offence) will know that you wouldn't get the wii to play a call of duty game. And for performance, if the games you play (assuming you don't pick to worst games and examples) don't suck then the only thing that really changes isn't so much the wii's performance with those games but just its graphics, and when you again play the good games on the wii they will still look good and play great. In all honesty you sound like you think ps3 is better because it can out perform a wii with its specs, which also sorta makes you sound like you don't know what your talking about. The argument of which system is the best is one that cant really be won because all systems are based on peoples opinions. Though if you Actually have experience with all the systems you are talking about ( I do ) then at least you don't make yourself out as a dolt who hates on things he doesn't know about. And when I say experience I don't mean "I tried some bad games with bad controls so the whole system sucks".

BobTD
05-04-2011, 01:54 AM
technically... the wii is winning the console war.

Fr0stByte
05-04-2011, 03:12 AM
I think we will just have to agree to disagree