PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy (Full Review)

Metallica1983
11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Intro

Mario Galaxy is the next installment to the Mario franchise. It is a game of the year candidate in my opinion.

Story

Mario Galaxy's story is about the same as every other Mario game. You are Mario (DUH) and your main goal is to rescue Princess Peach. Your secondary goal is to help these star like creatures known as Lumas save there power stars from bowser so they can re activate there ship.

Game Play

The game play is fairly different. You can still jump on enemies heads and ground pound just like in other games, but know you can spin attack to stun your enemy. Mario can also travel through out different parts of a galaxy by using star launchers. Star launchers are able to send Mario flying through a part of a galaxy. Mario also has new abilities and some old ones such as: Ice Mario, Fire Flower Mario, Boo Mario, Bee Mario, Invincibility Mario, Flying Mario, and spring Mario.

Boo Mario

http://weeklygeekshow.com/images/marioboo.jpg

Graphics

The graphics are the best ever seen in a Mario game. they are well rendered with beautiful environments and stunning character design. The bosses look great as well and the enemies look so well rendered. And Peach looks a lot hotter in Galaxy then she did in the other games. But I think Mario is more detailed in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/super-mario-galaxy-20060914080419050.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/super_mario_galaxy.jpg

Pros:

1. great graphics

2. a classic story

3 game play has a lot of new features

4. new power ups

5. Peach is Hotter

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/29/6/65/s29665_wii_12.jpg

http://cubemedia.gamespy.com/cube/image/article/707/707349/super-mario-galaxy-20060510034923226.jpg

Cons:

N/A

Final Score: 10/10

Comment:

Mario Galaxy is the best game for the Wii at the moment. In my opinion Galaxy is sure to be game of the year. I recommend this game to any gamer who loves a good game.

p.s. I will post images of all the new abilities Mario has

ShadowMarioX

Game Review Staff

glenofimaal
02-09-2008, 04:12 PM
yah i like this game a lot has good graphics suprisingly

Raw!
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Goku, your review.. is completely biased. No cons? You have got to be kidding me. There is always a con.

Riku-Nara
02-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Goku, your review.. is completely biased. No cons? You have got to be kidding me. There is always a con.

truth he tells.
i've seen professionals review the game and the only con they found was a camera thing in 1 part of the game.
go figure.

Raw!
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
See, it's just not possible that a game is perfect. Not these days atleast. I haven't seen a game be perfect. Weither it be frame-rate, graphics, gameplay, controls. You name it.

jakncoke
02-09-2008, 10:00 PM
No game is ever perfect that's why it gets under my skin when a reviewer gives it that, just because it's really really good doesn't make it perfect.

Blackbird
02-17-2008, 12:21 PM
This game is really funny to play :) ^^

Kujo
04-03-2008, 05:32 PM
10/10 does not exist. What is perfectly acceptable to one person... may be horrible to another. Example: Camera angle. This game may be awesome... but no game is perfect. And btw... saying that this is the best looking mario ever would have been like a reviewer saying the same thing back with Mario 3 being soo much better looking with MArio 1. Better system = better looking game. duh!

Nerdy Knight
04-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I would have to agree on that. No game is perfect. Even Super Mario Galaxy. You also might wanna add more words in your reviews. Sorry, but it's just not perfect.

Kujo
04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
PS: Peach is hotter... is NOT a game quality or a pro. Unless by age 16 you really mean age 9 and still get a funyn feeling in your wee wee when you see CGI boobies.

Scott
04-07-2008, 04:45 PM
See, it's just not possible that a game is perfect. Not these days atleast. I haven't seen a game be perfect. Weither it be frame-rate, graphics, gameplay, controls. You name it.

Well uh what about the lack of guns?.... Mario games are usually perfect exept from those awful Mario parties

blaze4556
04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
PS: Peach is hotter... is NOT a game quality or a pro. Unless by age 16 you really mean age 9 and still get a funyn feeling in your wee wee when you see CGI boobies.

Lol tell me about it. When i was 9 the only reason i played tomb raider games was for the cgi boobies...they were just so big :D

otis
04-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Best...Mario...Ever.

omgodzilla10
04-22-2009, 09:53 AM
It's fun but gets boring after a while.

Exodyus
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Uhm, It's Mario. That means that it's probably already a 6/10 because of the excellent quality they always put into their products, not to mention that it's vintage.

Here's a Con. How many times have you killed Bowser now? Omfg. Get over it.
Find something new for the Brothers to take on. :/

Mle. I wont ever play it and I doubt it can be better or more entertaining than Rock Band World Tour for the Wii. 4 players and endless hysteria. Get Drunk. Sing and be awful.

The review is ~okay~. Needs improvement.

jakncoke
04-22-2009, 03:50 PM
lol you crazy exo. have played neither but there is no way a crappy music iteration can top mario in awesomsauce