PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Diamond & Pearl

Metallica1983
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Intro

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl are the newest versions to the hand held Pokemon series. Since this review is based around two different versions of one game I will concentrate on the version I have which is Diamond.

Story

The story is the same story thats been in all the other games. You are a Pokemon trainer who starts there adventure from there home town. The main thing you do is complete your Poke Dex which grows in every game. And the second thing is become a Pok?mon Master by defeating trainers and beating gym leaders to get eight badges and finally going up against the Elite four and there champion at the Pok?mon League. As you can see nothing in the story has really changed besides the number of Pok?mon, it has grown from the original 151 Pokemon to 493 Pokemon.

Graphics

The graphics have actually changed. They have added different affects like snow, rain, fog, and night and day, but the character modeling hasn't changed at all.

Game Play

The game play is the same. No change at all.

Extra Stuff

You do have Wi-Fi capability. It allows you to battle and trade with friends or trade with people from around the world via Global Trade Station (or GTS for short). You can also enter Pokemon contests to see who's Pokemon is either: smartest, most beautiful, and many other categories.

Pros:

1. more Pok?mon

2. Wi-Fi capability

3. improved graphics

4. can do more than just be a trainer

Cons:

1. no difference in game play

2. character modeling hasn't changed

3. same story

Final Score: 6/10

Comment:

Even though this game has a lot of the same things it is still a lot of fun. I recommend this game only to die hard Pokemon fans.

ShadowMario64

Game Review Staff