PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 4

Metallica1983
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Intro

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the latest game in the series. It is a beautiful game with a great storyline.

Story

You play two different people in the game one for the Americans and the other for the Russians just like in Call of Duty 3. Though you play most of the game as the Russian solider since your American character dies half way in the game. The story has nothing to do with Iraq or Afghanistan, it is a fantasy conflict of civil war in Russia and another conflict concerning a terrorist eventually both conflicts become one big problem.

Graphics

The graphics are a big part of this game. They a beautifully done. They are better then ever before seen in any other Call of Duty game. The affects of everything such as smoke grenades and regular grenades are rendered great. The character modeling is very realistic the best yet.

Game play

The game play is very good. The physics are amazing everything about it is good. But it should be more realistic like the way the soldier?s in the game move your character should move like them. The way they peek over corners your character should peek over
Weapons/equipment

The weapons are very true to there real life counter parts. There are more than 30 different weapons to choose from. You can also choose from different types of equipment such as night vision goggles, c4, and grenade launcher attachments for your weapons. But almost al the weapons sound the same.

Pros:

1. good story with multiple storylines

2. very well rendered graphics with realistic character modeling

3. great game play.

4. large variety of weapons and other equipment

Cons:

1.game play not realistic enough

2. all weapons sound the same

Final Score: 10/10

Comment:

I love the Call of Duty series, Its the only war game I like any war game lover or regular gamers will love this game. I recommend you go and pick up a copy you will be addicted to it.

ShadowMario64

Game Review Staff

koo
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
I FREAKING LOVED THIS GAME, on single player I was so into the whole game, got it for PC. the Online gameplay is pretty neat also

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I FREAKING LOVED THIS GAME, on single player I was so into the whole game, got it for PC. the Online gameplay is pretty neat also

Yeah it was good, but it was short

Toxic
12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Any ideas what the last part was about?

koo
12-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeh I was shorta sad when it ended. I was waiting for some big ending, but .. yeh. About the last part? Idk but its fun to play that in arcade. :]

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah the last part was odd but fun. It was The best 5 hours you could possibly ask for in a game like this.

Toxic
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Yea it was good im going to play it again on veteran.

koo
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Have any of you had a great time online as well?

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Yea it was good im going to play it again on veteran.

have fun on veteran. better have a box of tissues when you start crying after you get pwnd.

Toxic
12-13-2007, 11:27 PM
The M16 was overpowered in the game.

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
The M16 was overpowered in the game.

Not it isn't?

Toxic
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Not it isn't?

Yes it is. Since they decided to give it unrealistic burst accuracy (the grouping is too tight) and make it overpowered, they need to tone the power down a notch or make the grouping a little looser. The M16 should never be the most powerful weapon in a group of other assault rifles/light machine guns. It isn't built for power.

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Balancing in the game is fine.

I would not change a thing.

M16 is not overpowered at all.

The only weapon i might change is the semi automatic sniper rifle cause that is lame as **** people just run around with it and use it like a rifle.

Toxic
12-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Balancing in the game is fine.

I would not change a thing.

M16 is not overpowered at all.

The only weapon i might change is the semi automatic sniper rifle cause that is lame as **** people just run around with it and use it like a rifle.

It's obvious who uses the M16 and who doesn't in this thread. The M16, in real life, is the WEAKEST assault rifle in that list by a good margin. An AK-47 is much more powerful. The fact that it's the weakest weapon in real life and the most powerful in the game means that they need to adjust it and tone it down.

This will illustrate the big difference in power between the M16 and the AK47.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0

The AK isn't as bad at a distance as the video would seem.

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
It's obvious who uses the M16 and who doesn't in this thread. The M16, in real life, is the WEAKEST assault rifle in that list by a good margin. An AK-47 is much more powerful. The fact that it's the weakest weapon in real life and the most powerful in the game means that they need to adjust it and tone it down.

This will illustrate the big difference in power between the M16 and the AK47.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0

The AK isn't as bad at a distance as the video would seem.

Are you saying just cause i disagree i use an M16??

Well i dont i used to use it all the time but now i use either the G3 or G36 depending on map and have my shotty as secondary weapon

Toxic
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I wish GRAW and COD could merge into one game. Then it would be perfect. GRAW has the weapon balance and damage perfect and COD has the perfect gameplay.

Scott
12-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I wish GRAW and COD could merge into one game. Then it would be perfect. GRAW has the weapon balance and damage perfect and COD has the perfect gameplay.

Your problem is comparing everything to real life.

COD4 is not meant to uber realistic the weapon balance is designed ith perks in mind so they even them selves out.

Graw dont have this problem

TeknoVagrant
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't really use the M16 either, just seems like a silly thing to complain about. I guess it goes back to me playing Hardcore almost exclusively. You can kill someone with a Skorpion as quickly as you can an M16.

My primary weapons of choice are M4, MP5, AK74u.

koo
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
I use the gun that gives me the most kills

Supermoose
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Are you saying just cause i disagree i use an M16??

Well i dont i used to use it all the time but now i use either the G3 or G36 depending on map and have my shotty as secondary weapon

FOR REAL DUDE G3 and G36 Rip it!

I cant wait to get that perk so I can carry a Shotty on meh Back!

The M16 fine- Quit b|tching
I just matters
what perks you put on that mofo.

Scott
12-14-2007, 12:00 AM
FOR REAL DUDE G3 and G36 Rip it!

I cant wait to get that perk so I can carry a Shotty on meh Back!

The M16 fine- Quit b|tching
I just matters
what perks you put on that mofo.

Get on a map like overgrown or backlot which have open spaces as well as buildings and the combinations owns big time.

Rifle out in open spaces and shotty for roaming the buildings

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Let me rephrase this then. In Team Deathmatch, the M16 is way too powerful. It's almost as powerful as the .50 cal and more powerful than anything else despite the fact that in real life it's less powerful than anything that isn't an SMG. If they had downloadable content and a BB gun that was more powerful than the .50 cal was available, you wouldn't be irritated?

It shouldn't be possible that an M16 with stopping power/deep penetration is more powerful than an M60 with stopping power/deep penetration. The game is rooted in real life so it should be somewhat realistic.

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
I think you're placing too much emphasis on the "realism" of one particular weapon. I'm sure there is a lot wrong with every weapon in the game if you want to start talking realistically about the weapons in the game.

It is after all, A GAME.

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I think you're placing too much emphasis on the "realism" of one particular weapon. I'm sure there is a lot wrong with every weapon in the game if you want to start talking realistically about the weapons in the game.

It is after all, A GAME.

A game with an overpowered M16. They need to tone it down to the level of the other weapons.

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I think the more realistic alternative is to man up and get used to it.

Judging by the responses in this thread, it isn't the popular opinion that the M16 is overpowered to the point that it needs to be "toned down." So the suggestion in itself is kind of silly.

The hit detection issues on the sniper rifles/ACOG is actually an issue. Whining about how "strong" a weapon is, is well, just whining. It reeks of being a sore loser, it doesn't signify that someone is inherently vested in seeing that each weapon in the game is as close to its real-life counterpart as possible. The mere idea is ridiculous. I'm sure none of the weapons share the same physical qualities within the game that they do in real-life. Not to mention that the characters themselves that are getting shot at having inhuman strength. I can say for certain that a single shot from an M16 would put me on the ground in a ball...assuming it wasn't a well-aimed one that just killed me immediately.

I mean, you're so caught up with one flaw in the game, all the while you're looking over all the other flaws that would essentially be in-line with your logic.

play more Hardcore and you might see this problem less.

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
I think the more realistic alternative is to man up and get used to it.

Judging by the responses in this thread, it isn't the popular opinion that the M16 is overpowered to the point that it needs to be "toned down." So the suggestion in itself is kind of silly.

The hit detection issues on the sniper rifles/ACOG is actually an issue. Whining about how "strong" a weapon is, is well, just whining. It reeks of being a sore loser, it doesn't signify that someone is inherently vested in seeing that each weapon in the game is as close to its real-life counterpart as possible. The mere idea is ridiculous. I'm sure none of the weapons share the same physical qualities within the game that they do in real-life. Not to mention that the characters themselves that are getting shot at having inhuman strength. I can say for certain that a single shot from an M16 would put me on the ground in a ball...assuming it wasn't a well-aimed one that just killed me immediately.

I mean, you're so caught up with one flaw in the game, all the while you're looking over all the other flaws that would essentially be in-line with your logic.

play more Hardcore and you might see this problem less.
The M16 being overpowered is an issue. It's a game balance issue and complaining about it is perfectly fine. The M16 is good enough in the game that if everyone on one team of average skill used the M16, I'd be willing to bet that they'd win almost every match. That's how good the M16 is in this game. Would you complain if it took 3 bursts from the M16 to kill something?

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
So by your logic, the M16 is overpowered.

So they should also do away with all the perks then, right? Since we're so concerned about emulating real-life warfare as much as possible, right?

Do you not see how silly this is? So much of the game is completely unrealistic and you're hammering on one single weapon's "unrealistic" qualities.

Again, play hardcore.

Supermoose
12-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Get on a map like overgrown or backlot which have open spaces as well as buildings and the combinations owns big time.

Rifle out in open spaces and shotty for roaming the buildings
NOICE NOICE. Yeah dude i've done that a few time. Just drop the pistola for a Shotty. PWNAGE

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
So by your logic, the M16 is overpowered.

So they should also do away with all the perks then, right? Since we're so concerned about emulating real-life warfare as much as possible, right?

Do you not see how silly this is? So much of the game is completely unrealistic and you're hammering on one single weapon's "unrealistic" qualities.

Again, play hardcore.

Did you ever play PGR2? If so, do you remember how many people were complaining about how good the TVR Speed 12 was in that game? Well, the M16 is COD4's Speed 12. At least in PGR2 you had to go through hell to earn that car. The M16 is leaps and bounds better than any other weapon in the game and it shouldn't be.

Scott
12-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Let me rephrase this then. In Team Deathmatch, the M16 is way too powerful. It's almost as powerful as the .50 cal and more powerful than anything else despite the fact that in real life it's less powerful than anything that isn't an SMG. If they had downloadable content and a BB gun that was more powerful than the .50 cal was available, you wouldn't be irritated?

It shouldn't be possible that an M16 with stopping power/deep penetration is more powerful than an M60 with stopping power/deep penetration. The game is rooted in real life so it should be somewhat realistic.

The M16 is fine, so are all the other weapons. Take my advice and pay attention to the perks people are using. That's what's giving you the impression that it's overpowered. Learn to adapt on the virtual battlefield and you'll gain the upper hand.

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
No, I never played PGR2. And I have never fallen victim to an "overpowered" M16 in COD4.

I don't agree that it is "leaps and bounds" better than any of the other weapons. The weapons in the game are only as good as the user makes them to be.

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:11 AM
The M16 is fine, so are all the other weapons. Take my advice and pay attention to the perks people are using. That's what's giving you the impression that it's overpowered. Learn to adapt on the virtual battlefield and you'll gain the upper hand.

The perks are irrelevant to the argument. An M16 with stopping power and deep penetration is more powerful than any other weapon in the game with the same perks by a lot.

Mr Cool
12-14-2007, 12:18 AM
What exactly is it about the M16 that makes it more powerful? You have to use stopping power to even kill someone with one burst, and even then you have to make it a full on chest or head shot. I\'d say my G36C with the same perks kills someone just as easily, if not faster. The M16 has a bit more range on it though.

And the TVR Speed 12 was a *****en brick on wheels. I rocked TVR drivers with the CLK-GTR and GT1. You had to be amazing at the game to really be able to use the TVR.

I think we need a youtube video comparison of the M16 and other weapons, because some people (like me) aren\'t seeing much of a power difference between the M16 and other ARs with the same perks and then others (like the OP) are saying it overpowers everything very noticeably by leaps and bounds.

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:19 AM
No, I never played PGR2. And I have never fallen victim to an "overpowered" M16 in COD4.

I don't agree that it is "leaps and bounds" better than any of the other weapons. The weapons in the game are only as good as the user makes them to be.

It takes 3 times as long to kill someone with anything else.

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
It takes 3 times as long to kill someone with anything else.

Maybe in those schmuck game modes, but not in hardcore. If you're so concerned about the realism of the game, maybe you should play the more realistic game modes.

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
What exactly is it about the M16 that makes it more powerful? You have to use stopping power to even kill someone with one burst, and even then you have to make it a full on chest or head shot. I\'d say my G36C with the same perks kills someone just as easily, if not faster. The M16 has a bit more range on it though.

I've been killed by one round in the chest in Team Deathmatch. My M60 (A gun designed to take out lightly armored vehicles such as cars, trucks) cannot duplicate that. It's silly. Don't put these weapons in the game if you're going to change their properties around entirely.

IceCold
12-14-2007, 12:26 AM
The perks are irrelevant to the argument. An M16 with stopping power and deep penetration is more powerful than any other weapon in the game with the same perks by a lot.

So, who cares. The weapons are supposed to be slightly unbalanced. There ARE supposed to be power weapons. Remember how much more fun Halo 2 was because there were more powerful weapons, that's what the whole fight was over...to gain control of them...that's the fun part, when you do have those guns! It makes it freakin' more fun. If everything was super balanced, it would be boring. (as Halo 3 is to me now) Too balanced = not fun in the long run.

There are still enough options out there to stop an M16 though, just be smart tactically for the gun you're using and mess with a lot of the gadgets as well. It's also not like it's a real "ranked" type of game where you're really competing a ton, Call of Duty 4 is more about trying out everything and doing your own thing, you always rank up because you always get experience pretty much! So just have fun with it!

Toxic
12-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Maybe in those schmuck game modes, but not in hardcore. If you're so concerned about the realism of the game, maybe you should play the more realistic game modes.

I really like hardcore but until they have just Hardcore Team Deathmatch without Search and Destroy, I'm not going to play Team Hardcore. Plus there are a lot more people in standard Team Deathmatch.

Scott
12-14-2007, 12:28 AM

The perks are anything other than irrelevant to your rant. Try out the P90 with Deep Impact and Double Tap and tell me how long it takes to kill someone and if the M16 is still the most powerful. If you say yes the M16 is still more powerful, than you're out of your mind. Also you can't die from the M16 by "one round to your chest" when it only let's you fire it in CoD4 in three round bursts.

Meh... you're just looking for something to complain about.

Supermoose
12-14-2007, 12:30 AM
The perks are anything other than irrelevant to your rant. Try out the P90 with Deep Impact and Double Tap and tell me how long it takes to kill someone and if the M16 is still the most powerful. If you say yes the M16 is still more powerful, than you're out of your mind. Also you can't die from the M16 by "one round to your chest" when it only let's you fire it in CoD4 in three round bursts.

Meh... you're just looking for something to complain about.

Yeah dude, seriously

I don't think you're ever going to win this argument

DeadCell
12-14-2007, 12:33 AM
My complaints are with the LMGs. You shouldn't be able to run and gun with those weapons. They're meant to practically be stationary guns. Yet you get a SAW or an RPD with a Red Dot on it, and you can kill everything in sight. The whole balance with those guns' power is the lack of maneuverability.

I think the M16 works fine. It needs to be one of the best guns in the game because everyone has access to it. That's for balancing. If the best guns were only available to high levels, lower levels would never have a chance. As it is now, when you rank up you don't necessarily get the "better" guns, but guns that you can better adapt to your playing style. Or guns that are harder to use, but once you master them you can do some serious damage.

Scott
12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
My complaints are with the LMGs. You shouldn't be able to run and gun with those weapons. They're meant to practically be stationary guns. Yet you get a SAW or an RPD with a Red Dot on it, and you can kill everything in sight. The whole balance with those guns' power is the lack of maneuverability.

I'd agree with that to point. The thing is, you run out of energy fast trying to run around with the SAW and it takes a bit longer to start aiming and firing off than say the Assault Rifles or Sub-machine guns by running and gunning it do. I think the sprint energy loss and the extra time by aiming it takes to get the SAW and other LMG's locked up and going is striking a good balance.

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:35 AM

I think the M16 works fine. It needs to be one of the best guns in the game because everyone has access to it. That's for balancing. If the best guns were only available to high levels, lower levels would never have a chance. As it is now, when you rank up you don't necessarily get the "better" guns, but guns that you can better adapt to your playing style. Or guns that are harder to use, but once you master them you can do some serious damage.
Agreed on all counts.

DeadCell
12-14-2007, 12:35 AM
This is funny, because last time I checked I have about 5 setups (wish I had more) I use depending on the game mode and map. Only one of those setups uses an M16.

Methinks you need to try some different tactics.

TeknoVagrant
12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah, the only time I use the M16 really is when I've just started Prestige again and I have little choice. Even then, the default 'Spec Ops' (MP5) is my primary class.

koo
12-14-2007, 08:02 AM
I always liked to play the sniper, esp. when your the one just shooting down at them, while your team is assaulting.

Dunny774
12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
what is wrong with lmgs in cod4 they are designed for that as well if you think about it

jimbo29
01-11-2008, 03:47 AM
This game is an extremely good game to the point of taking up most of my evenings!!

I've been reading through this thread and have taken on board all the arguments and have come to a conclusion. Toxic is right to a certain extent....The M16 is over powered for what it is. The gun in real life is pretty poor to say the least. What I won't agree on though is it is NOT the most powerful in the game. The P90 is extremely powerful but has the most horrific recoil of any of the guns. All the weapons again come down to what perks that are added to them, this means any weapon can be a real tool on the battlefield. As with every other game, in the right hands all these weapons can be devastating.

I read the review as well and have to disagree with one of the points...The weapon sounds are definitely not the same!! Your trying to tell me the P90, UZI, M16 sound the same?? Utter tripe!!!! This also comes back to the argument that Toxic has that the real life guns have nothing in common with the games models. You tell him this is not really a real life simulation game yet you get upset about the noise the weapons make??

I think you are spot on with the rating though, this game is worth 10/10. Good call.

If you don't have this game........Where the hell have you been.......Buy it!!!

Phillips292
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
My gamertag for Xbox 360 is Phillips292 as well.

KDR: 2.07 26000/13000

Krahu
09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
If you don't have this game........Where the hell have you been.......Buy it!!!

Hehe, and to think I bought it in early June of this year.. I have no idea why I didn't get cod4 earlier. I think that Resistance FOM was just so good, I wasn't thinking about getting cod4. Then Resistance 2 came around, and then Killzone 2 (which to me was dissapointing) and yeah.. But I finally came to my senses, and bought it. Best online experience I have ever played. Cannot wait for MW2. As for weapons: If the M16 would have a little more sway, the balance would be perfect. I hope that MW2 is even more balanced than cod4.

Street_Soldier69
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Hehe, and to think I bought it in early June of this year.. I have no idea why I didn't get cod4 earlier. I think that Resistance FOM was just so good, I wasn't thinking about getting cod4. Then Resistance 2 came around, and then Killzone 2 (which to me was dissapointing) and yeah.. But I finally came to my senses, and bought it. Best online experience I have ever played. Cannot wait for MW2. As for weapons: If the M16 would have a little more sway, the balance would be perfect. I hope that MW2 is even more balanced than cod4.

i will never buy another CoD cause it went to crap after CoD 3,a d CoD W@W is turning into a zombie game.

Krahu
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
i will never buy another CoD cause it went to crap after CoD 3,a d CoD World at War is turning into a zombie game.

I have to agree with that. But nevertheless. MW2 will be huge. Like I said before. The only thing that might mess it up is the balance. Ther's soppose to to be a perk that allows you to put a silencer with the red dot sight. Hmmm.. we'll see how it all works out. Besides, IW was not responsible for World at War and COD3, so that's why they don't come even close to Cod4 or CoD2 for that matter.