PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet and clank future: Tools of Destruction

Riku-Nara
11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
It's fitting that the title of this games is called future, because it raises the bar for all future PS3 games. From start to finish, this games shows developers what they can do with the platform.

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction places you back in the roles of your two favorite characters, enjoying a well deserved rest in the bustling city of Metropolis. But a distress call from Captain Quark and an alien invasion places in you the middle of an all out war, while trying to find the "lombax secret". Clank even has a side story, realizing he has a soul, and can speak to robots that only he can see, known as the "zoni", some of which unlock powers that clank didn't know he had.

Now, for the game play. First, with a title like "Tools of Destruction" you can bet that Insomniac would go all out. 31 weapons overall, with an rpg like upgrade system can call for some awesome style of play, for the mega shooter, or the sniper in all of us. Clank also comes in handy, turning into a hang glider at a certain point in the game, adding a whole new sense of game play. The sixaxis is used to control the direction of clank while gliding, and some weapons like the mini tornado.

Still there are a couple of minors flaws. As always, the sixaxis can be a bit wanky at times. Not to mention the music, that can get a little stale at times. but these minor flaws don't get in the way of excellent game play.

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction gets a: 9.5/10

Pros: solid games, funny humor, sweet weapons, awesome action.

Cons: music gets stale, sixaxis controls are a bit wanky.

Screenshots:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/sidewalks_soulfly/57051420070303_114945_1_big.jpg

jakncoke
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I loved the demo and can't wait to play through it on Christmas.

LiNuX
11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
good review - +rep given :D

i played Ratchet and Clank before for my PS2 - dont remember which it was lol but a friend lend me a bunch of games one day and i tried them all out, R&C was one of them

jakncoke
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah I have to play the PS2 versions, R&C slid under my radar as a full time PS2 owner.