PDA

View Full Version : Kuju: 3rd parties "really don't take full advantage" of the Wii

Scott
11-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Speaking in an interview with VideoGamer.com, Tancred Dyke-Wells, creative director at UK-based developer Kuju, said that despite the fact that the Wii is more powerful than the GameCube "by a factor of two", third party titles "really don't take full advantage of the machine".

Dyke-Wells believes that the Wii is a "pretty good piece of kit" and said that recent titles like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and his own Battalion Wars 2 have provided "a bit of a wake-up call and serve as a batter benchmark than has been established to date".

LINK (http://www.videogamer.com/news/27-11-2007-6978.html)

You could say this is bias, because they did make BWii, which was published by Nintendo, but they are an independent third party developer, much like Bioware was, with Mass Effect.

I think it's pretty obvious that what he's saying is true.

Toxic
11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I think alot of 3rd party developers don't know how to develop a game for the wii

They just look at what is successful on the wii and how they can develop something along those lines

also i think alot of developers are so used to consoles like playstation, PC, xbox pumping out FPS, action/adventures, rpgs..they are abit lost on creating a game for the wii that is innovation and unique

jakncoke
11-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Wii should start rolling in 3rd party game, if your a Wii owner just hope it's not shovelware and hope for games like Zak and Wiki and Monster Hunter 3(b******* :shakes fist:)

DeadCell
12-05-2007, 07:59 AM
I think alot of 3rd party developers don't know how to develop a game for the wii

They just look at what is successful on the wii and how they can develop something along those lines

also i think alot of developers are so used to consoles like playstation, PC, xbox pumping out FPS, action/adventures, rpgs..they are abit lost on creating a game for the wii that is innovation and unique

yeah the me-too games are getting old.

it's odd that it doesn't seem to be such an overwhelming trend on other consoles (except the DS)