PDA

View Full Version : Count GFP in "New Gamers" Board?

LiNuX
11-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Well I wanted to get some opinion on what I should do about earning points in the board "New Gamers" where people open one of their first threads to introduce themselves.

I will keep it so you get a higher post count for posting a thread and replying but what about the earning of GFP?

If you say 4 words such as "Welcome to Gamers Forum" - should that earn you GFP? Or should I just eliminate GFP earning for that one board just to make it fair for everyone. Someone can come over after a month and welcome all 100 new members of the previous month and get an extra 100 or so GFP for a little copy and paste job. Is that right?

What do you guys thing? Should GFP Earnings in the New Gamers board be allowed?

conman1000
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Conincedence? I was just on the phone with Gleno saying that most people just post there to get the GFP and the post.
:twitcy:

Strickin
11-29-2007, 05:02 PM
I said no, there is too much SPAM there

LiNuX
11-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Conincedence? I was just on the phone with Gleno saying that most people just post there to get the GFP and the post.
:twitcy:

lol - yeah i just noticed his post after i opened the thread - well i don't mind increasing in Post count since you can spend those for content or "stuff" here

conman1000
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
BUt the one problem with not, I say you should give it out to the people who make the thread. Otherwise there is no point in saying hi.

GF Eric
11-29-2007, 05:06 PM
I would keep it going with GFP but if there is a way to make sure people write a lot when welcoming newbs to collect the GFP.

LiNuX
11-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I would keep it going with GFP but if there is a way to make sure people write a lot when welcoming newbs to collect the GFP.

intro threads aren't meant to be more than just a welcome thread for the rest

@conman - good idea on the thread creator getting the gfp but if he replies back he gets gfp as well lol - imagine him saying "Thanks for the welcome" - then what?

there might be an update that lets me set those settings separately but not sure

Blackbird
11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm also voting for no becuase it's going to become a lot spammers. :D

Scott
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Lol at the last option.

Yeah most people only post in there to increase there post count.

Juicebox
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
yeah.... I think your post count or GFP sould be increased in the newgamers section!

OneArmProdigee
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
i think your GFP should increase if you pos t there so the noobs get in couraged

Jenatello
12-01-2007, 05:14 AM
I'm not sure, because when I first joined I didn't know what the GFP was. I noticed that I was getting them but had no idea what they were for. It is encouraging to see them go up but didn't know why. lol

I think that this may become an issue with everyone, some people want it to stay the same because they do only say welcome so they can get the points and post. But there are others that just say it because they mean it. I'm not sure that there will be an end to this... :twitcy:

KittyCat72
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I think you should keep the GFP, or make it less. If all you say is "Welcome to Gamers Forum", you're not going to make much GFP anyway.