PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War

Raw!
11-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Gears Of War, is a great game, a bit boring, but has nice amazing graphics, gore, not much of a weapon variety, but very interesting bosses.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/928234_67282_front.jpg

Story - 8.5/10

It is almost your typical monster invades world, must kill monster with bomb, and that is it. That is basically Gears of War, however, at the end, it leaves you with a great cliffhanger so I can't miss that out. The story is very well done, but like I said, it is your typical, "monster aka Locust" story.

Graphics: - 9/10

The graphics are AMAZING. When you chainsaw kill someone, it is the gory scene that never makes it old. It has realistic armour, greatly detailed weapons, (not so much as the ammo kits). The bosses are very well detailed, so are the faces. This is a very nice graphical experience. They have of course created an amazing environment, a dark, and chilling one. It has a great bonus, but not enough, to get a 10/10.

Gameplay: - 8/10

The gameplay isn't your typical shoot first think second. It is actually, take cover, aim, unload your entire clip on the enemy, take cover again. And that is basically what you have to do. The "A" button will become your bestest buddy. For it is the source of covering. The blindfire is what impressed me the most. Press the fire button while in cover without aiming and your player will aim "blind" and shoot. It is a great thing and is actually pretty realistic compared to this game and it's "locust." Also, if you press the analog stick from left, right, and down, your character will perform a "barrel" roll or switch to the nearest wall or "cover." The game is basically cover, shoot, cover, shoot. It may get repetetive easily.

Overall: - 9.5/10

It is an awesome graphical cyber experience. It's cover system is great in the first couple of hours but can get very boring. It is your typical story of kill the monster but what game isn't? Haha? It is a great game, so I reccommend picking it up.

Hope you enjoyed.

Blackbird
12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
You did a great job and I love this game :D

Scott
12-03-2007, 04:05 PM
It's one of the Xbox 360's greatest games.

Raw!
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Thank you Blackbird, and I agree Scott, one great game.

Toxic
12-03-2007, 04:28 PM
The chainsaw in it was amazing and i liked the cover system it needs to be used in more games

GF Eric
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I got the Limited Edition. By the way does anyone know the best way to lure the Berserk outside without dying.

Strickin
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPts9aUbbvs check this video!