PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction 2

jakncoke
12-01-2007, 02:56 AM
In the below video interview with two developers from Insomniac Games talk about creating Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. In the interview they are asked about things they had to cut from the game, which gives some interesting hints at Ratchet & Clank Future 2 about 2:30 minutes in.

To quote the answer: ?There were certain things in the story, characters that I wanted to address more in this part of the story arch that we?re not going to address until a later part of the story arch. So I can?t go into too much of who they were. ? For instance the Max Apogee [the Lombax Anthropologist] story arch is something that we were not going into too deep, but we hint at it. And more of the background with the Lombaxes and what happened to them. It?s things we hint at. The Zonie and the history of the Zonian and who they are. There?s a lot of background to the world. If you interact with a lot of the NPC characters, you?ll find out a lot of hints about it.?

Watch what the Ratchet & Clank Future team have to say about their PS3-exclusive platformer game.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/11/30/ratchet-clank-future-2-will-give-more-background-on-the-lombax-and-zonie-history.htm

This is good that there not giving up on Ratchet and Clank. I expect this it too hit in 2009, next year we get RFOM2 from Insomniac

Scott
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow this series is never going to stop. Not that that is a bad thing R&C has always been one of my favourite games.

jakncoke
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Just proves that Sony will pay forever and the sales of this game will never matter. I mean it's one of the best platformers on any system and I dunno about any other but I bet it's the best on a Sony system.

Toxic
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Hopefully the next one will be better

jakncoke
12-03-2007, 03:11 AM

ummm, what? R&C is made of win, every game has been like that and amazing graphics and awesomeness of weapons of TOD makes it a must buy, any PS3 owner that isn't planning on getting is certainly lacking IQ or 100% casual

El3mentGamer
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I've always loved the Ratchet and Clank series... to bad i dont have a PS3

Scott
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM

What was wrong with this one?

I've always loved the Ratchet and Clank series... to bad i dont have a PS3

Exactly how I feel.

Toxic
12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
What was wrong with this one?

Well it bombed. Maybe the next one will sell better.

Lucky_13
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I love the R&C series I need a PS3 now lol.

jakncoke
12-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Well it bombed. Maybe the next one will sell better.

o your talking sales, who cares about sales? sales don't reflect on the goodness of a game, such as the cult classic Psychonauts, that sold under 100k total overall on 3 platforms yet the people that bought it say it was epic. Also don't ya think it's it a little early to be talking bombs? no one knows what kind of legs it will have. it could leg it out to be a million seller, if one's things been proven in the video game industry is that you really can't predict it.

Scott
12-16-2007, 06:17 AM
I still haven't played the first, but I'm pretty sure this will be good.

Oh and about it selling bad, PGR4 sold bad and I thought it was really good, just completely overshadowed by Halo

jakncoke
12-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I still haven't played the first, but I'm pretty sure this will be good.

Oh and about it selling bad, PGR4 sold bad and I thought it was really good, just completely overshadowed by Halo

Yeah that's why it should have sold, there really wasn't any games that should have made it sold that bad on the PS3, If I'm not mistaken games such as Folklore(also sold really bad), Heavenly Sword(bad sales), GH3(bad sales)... I just don't understand why PS3 owners passed on Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted, I'm really surprised AC and Cod4 did well and actually made the top 10.

Scott
12-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Yeah that's why it should have sold, there really wasn't any games that should have made it sold that bad on the PS3, If I'm not mistaken games such as Folklore(also sold really bad), Heavenly Sword(bad sales), GH3(bad sales)... I just don't understand why PS3 owners passed on Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted, I'm really surprised AC and Cod4 did well and actually made the top 10.

Maybe this month will be better. Uncharted is a great game I'm enjoying it so far... Probably 'cause it's kinda like Tomb Raider