PDA

View Full Version : Forum Moved: New Host New Look - Merry Christmas

LiNuX
12-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Well guys, after a long bad month of November, the luck of the forum is finally turning. Earlier today, I've moved the server to a brand new host on a brand new server. And if you haven't noticed already - the forum has a new Christmas Theme to it. If you cannot see it, please go to the bottom left corner of the forum and on the drop downlist, pick GF Christmas or go into your usercp and select default style. Either way, it is a good theme.

The old Red & Silver theme is there as well, just change it the same way you would pick a new theme.

Please note: the forum Domain nameserver is still updating so if you experience errors or view that apache page, just retry in a bit OR use another browser OR use the same browser after clearing cookies and cache. Sometimes restarting the computer will work - This is just a bad side effect to moving to a new server.

The forum has grown a lot reaching 700 members and 35k posts just in time to celebrate Christmas the New Years.

Enjoy the forum! I will update more and add more features to it later on.

LiNuX

Toxic
12-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Yea i noticed. well i like it. it's diferent and cool

Blackbird
12-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Well something I don't like with this theme hehe well maybe I don't get use with it yet. :D

Scott
12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Sure it's all right yeah.

LiNuX
12-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Well something I don't like with this theme hehe well maybe I don't get use with it yet. :D

feel free to use the other two skins we have available :-)

Sure it's all right yeah.

lol this was actually the best fitting skin i found related to christmas that i could use with all the mods i installed already - im working on my own as well - there is green and gray in it lol :D

Metallica1983
12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
i love it;-):D:-):twitcy:

Riku-Nara
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
hmm, this layout is pretty cool.
(cept for the star things.....just weird)

LiNuX
12-01-2007, 06:07 PM
hmm, this layout is pretty cool.
(cept for the star things.....just weird)

you mean in the posts next to the username? they indicate if you're online or off line - gonna try to change that later and put the dots back lol

the santa is scaring me and i cant take him out ;(

Metallica1983
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
wtf are these little stars there annoying

scray Santa DIE DIE DIE

Blackbird
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm going to use Silver & Red for now maybe I changes back xD

jakncoke
12-01-2007, 06:20 PM
What was the old host name? I might get a site some time in the future and I want to avoid the problems and hassle your having.

LiNuX
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
gb hosts - that one was problematic - their servers have been down for 2 weeks now - happened a day after i moved forum out to backup host

the past few days the backup host was giving me problems - i wont state the name publically because they are my "backup" host for a reason lol - not the most reliable but I've had them the longest, they have good support just not good enough for this forum - if u still want to know the name just PM me and i'll tell u

GF Eric
12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Glad I could help. :laugh: It looks really great. Also the forum is really fast..

Blackbird
12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
That so true about it, the forum is running so fast now xD

Jenatello
12-01-2007, 07:12 PM
lol to be honesty when I first clicked on the site I thought I opened the wrong one and closed it, click on it again and the same as the time before. I fear change... but this is cool.

Scott
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
the santa is scaring me and i cant take him out ;(

Lol you'll be dreaming about him tonight I mean who knows what he's hiding in that hat.... He's just too happy!!.... he could be a mass murderer or a terrorist or anything!

Yeah I like the theme, but do we have one for after this?

LiNuX
12-02-2007, 12:35 AM
yeah, one for new years - and im still working on my own

conman1000
12-02-2007, 09:44 AM
At least the forum is moving fast, but this template is horrible no offense, I mean the Santa's creepy, and it's really bright.

But it's only the server that I care about.

edit: and LiNuX, how come all the GFP is up? I had maybe 400 when I got off for the last time yesterday, and now I have 600. I was looking at Gleno's account profile, and he had 75 GFP with 13 posts, did all the GFP majorly go up or something?

Jenatello
12-02-2007, 10:21 AM
I dig it. Great job. I like the little stars!

wifi
12-03-2007, 08:55 AM
love the new look not the new host :-P