PDA

View Full Version : PS3 price drop set for Christmas Holiday Season

Metallica1983
12-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Yet again Sony will attempt to sell more PS3s by dropping the price for a third time how do u think this will affect sales of the system?

jakncoke
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
umm your a bit late with the thread, the price has been 500 for the 80gb since October and 40gb debuted at 400 Nov 2nd, I'll have to wait till Feb to really have an opinion because holiday season+Jan sales are always on steroids anyways. If Sony is telling the truth in there recent reports Nov NPD should be about 350-400k. Which would be a record for them. With the games lineup ever expanding and 08' being full of epic win I expect sales to become rather good instead of sucking.

wifi
12-03-2007, 08:57 AM
yea i noticed the price drop a while back lol, since then i had like 4 more friends with the PS3 :-P

Jenatello
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
its the holidays, people always spend way more money than they need to this time of year. it's crazy. I'm glad I'm poor.

Scott
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Yet again Sony will attempt to sell more PS3s by dropping the price for a third time how do u think this will affect sales of the system?

Well it did affect the sales of the system because now the PS3 is outselling the Wii.

Strickin
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Will the price drop stay after Christmas? Because if it does I will probably get a PS3

Scott
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Will the price drop stay after Christmas? Because if it does I will probably get a PS3

Yes it will. VI am still hoping to get one this year....

jakncoke
12-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Well it did affect the sales of the system because now the PS3 is outselling the Wii.

Wii has crossed stream again in Japan, although the pricedrop has helped as the sales are staying above the normal 15k per week

Yes, and I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped it another 50 per sku before the big barrage of games starts.

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Smartest move they've done all generation... retailing their system at a reasonable price.

As long as the system still has the standard blu-ray, hard drive, and wifi (which it does), I think they might start moving some units.

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Ok, I must ask, is everyone saying "Take out Blu Ray and make it cheaper" and "Hey, they kept Blu Ray, cool" retarded?

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Ok, I must ask, is everyone saying "Take out Blu Ray and make it cheaper" and "Hey, they kept Blu Ray, cool" retarded?

I never said that, so hope you're not referring to me.

I always thought the price was too high, but I always supported them having hard drive and bluray as standard.

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 06:15 AM
I never said that, so hope you're not referring to me.

I always thought the price was too high, but I always supported them having hard drive and bluray as standard.

You did. But you just inspired the post, many people have said stupider things than this:

As long as the system still has the standard blu-ray,

That, to me, sounds like they have the potential to take it out. Since they can take out Wi Fi and the Hard drive. Blu Ray isn't part of the "standard package" it IS the PS3. That's like saying "Wow, thank god the elite doesn't have a Zip drive instead of DVD".

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 06:16 AM
You did. But you just inspired the post, many people have said stupider things than this:

That, to me, sounds like they have the potential to take it out. Since they can take out Wi Fi and the Hard drive. Blu Ray isn't part of the "standard package" it IS the PS3. That's like saying "Wow, thank god the elite doesn't have a Zip drive instead of DVD".

I wasn't meaning that. I was meaning as long as they still have those bullets points to throw in peoples faces every 5 minutes, it'll move systems at that price. I think I've heard "with the power of the playstation 3/blu-ray" at least once in every single exclusive ps3 game video I've ever seen.

I know my post didn't make a whole lot of sense though, granted.

I never said they should take anything out of it however, is my point.

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 06:17 AM
I wasn't meaning that. I was meaning as long as they still have those bullets points to throw in peoples faces every 5 minutes, it'll move systems at that price. I think I've heard "with the power of the playstation 3/blu-ray" at least once in every single exclusive ps3 game video I've ever seen.

I know my post didn't make a whole lot of sense though, granted.

I never said they should take anything out of it however, is my point.
Well then I won't be forced to kill you.

TheKing
12-04-2007, 08:59 PM
They'll probably take like only 50 cents off. PS3 is not on my christmas list for now!!!

jakncoke
12-05-2007, 12:41 AM
They'll probably take like only 50 cents off. PS3 is not on my christmas list for now!!!

erm, joke post? Surely you can add and subtract, correct? and surely you know 599.99(old price) and now 499.99(new price) for the 80gb is more than 50 cents and surely you know a video game corporation isn't stupid enough to drop it that small.

Raw!
12-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I agree with Supermoose, definately the smartest thing they've done. But, I ain't getting one anytime soon.

Scott
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I wonder when the next time they'll drop the price is.... That's another reason why I'm not sure if I should get one.... what if the price goes down in March

jakncoke
12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I wonder when the next time they'll drop the price is.... That's another reason why I'm not sure if I should get one.... what if the price goes down in March

I think if there going to drop it again it'll be before MGS4 or at E3.I also also see it only dropping 50, so it depends on how much you want it, if you think it'd be worth waiting to save 50 or even 100 then wait, personally I wouldn't but hey to each there own everyone has different values and principals

Scott
12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I think if there going to drop it again it'll be before MGS4 or at E3.I also also see it only dropping 50, so it depends on how much you want it, if you think it'd be worth waiting to save 50 or even 100 then wait, personally I wouldn't but hey to each there own everyone has different values and principals

Yeah I was reading about how the PS2 went down in March 2002... I don't think the PS3 will do the same after the recent price drop but it could happen...