PDA

View Full Version : ABC'S Heroes & LOST (TV series) Video game announced.

Toxic
12-04-2007, 01:09 AM
bisoft has announced that they have licensed the rights to produce an as yet untitled Heroes video game. The game is expected to be offered for PCs and console gaming platforms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_...%29#Video_game

While film-to-movie tie-ins are still considered anathema to many in the gaming world, Ubisoft seems to be using this year's Comic-Con 2007 to show that it has no qualms adapting others' intellectual property. Earlier this week, the French publisher announced it would develop and publish the game portion of James Cameron's (Titantic, The Terminator) ambitious cross-media project, Avatar.

Today, the publisher revealed its latest cross-media project. Synergizing comics, TV, and games, Ubisoft announced it would be adapting NBC's freshman hit Heroes for unnamed platforms. While today's announcement was scant on details, Ubisoft vice president of worldwide licensing Christian Salomon did say that Heroes will allow players to "interact directly with the show's captivating universe."

Heroes isn't the only game based on a hit television show Ubisoft has in the works. In May 2006, the publisher revealed it had tapped its Montreal studio (Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time) to handle the game adaptation of ABC's intrigue-steeped drama Lost. Though the project was initially slated to appear in 2007, Ubisoft today updated that release window to Q1 2008, and noted that it will appear on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Parting the curtain a bit further today, Ubisoft also revealed a few more details on what players can expect from Lost. Running with its artistic license, Ubisoft's Lost features the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 in an "untold adventure" on the mysterious island. While it will deviate from the television series, Lost fans should be quick to notice the familiar locales of the island, as well as the show's cast of characters. Ubisoft will also debut the game's first trailer during Comic-Con later today.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175701...&tag =nl.e513

Master_Dylmo
12-04-2007, 01:32 AM
thts pretty cool, i watch heroes and i reckon a game would b good.. if it was a good game, i hope u get 2 choose ur char (like in oblivion) and hav specific specs to each one rather than gradually use all of them and they all have less specific things (like the family guy game ((which sucked ass!:mad1:))

jakncoke
12-04-2007, 01:33 AM
knew about this for a couple a months and all I can think is shovelware for the casualz

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 06:22 AM
I plan on at least renting both. I am fan of the shows and I am sure they won't be completely atrocious.

I just hope they can mix open word-ish areas with fun action gameplay. Maybe taking some cues from Advent Rising? Think about a level wrecking havoc as Sylar with gameplay like Advent Rising... That would be a dream for me.

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 06:23 AM
I'll keep an eye on it, but I dont have high hopes for it.

DeadCell
12-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh God no....
Please don't suck. Please!

Scott
12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh God no....
Please don't suck. Please!

All you're hopes shall be shattered!