PDA

View Full Version : SCEA: Killzone 2 Beta "For Next Year"...dang

Toxic
12-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Rumor was a announcement by the end of this year...sadly announcement is only a announcement for next year....

Please no drama from fanboyz

We haven't heard much about Killzone 2 in a little while, probably due to the slew of high-profile holiday titles. But the highly anticipated FPS is still waiting in the wings, and when the New Year hits, we're likely to see a lot more news and info. The latest tidbit focuses on the often-rumored public beta, which has been confirmed by Guerilla but not so confirmed by Sony.

Earlier this year, Seb Downie of Guerilla confirmed the team was definitely planning to release a public beta, although he didn't say when. The following statement made the rounds on the Internet, and by now, most have read it:

"Of course there is going to be a public beta," Downie said on the official Killzone 2 forums. "I have always said that any game that has an online mode needs to go through a public beta to ensure it works as intended."

Of course, we were hoping to see the beta this year - perhaps in time for the holidays? - but neither Sony or Guerilla would offer a launch date. PSU contacted Alex Armour of SCEA to get a comment on the issue, and as it turns out, it seems the beta is essentially confirmed. Still, it probably won't make it this year.

"We are hoping to do a beta but I don't think we'll have anything ready before this year is over... it is something we are working on for next year," he wrote.

He said he'll "have more soon," but we can't be sure what "soon" really means. Killzone 2 is expected to release some time around the middle part of 2008, although some rumors place it closer to the end of next year. Whenever this beta goes up, expect to see a ton of people sign up for it...if you want to be one of them, we suggest you stay tuned for any updates.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2221.html

jakncoke
12-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Seems like fall title 08 am confirmed. Speaking of which I hope I get in the beta.

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Well IMO this game will be a fall game.

So a beta in say march would be my guess maybe a little later.

Still good news for all those looking forward to it will be intresting to see the early impressions.

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 06:28 AM
KZ2 is a year away. We all knew that, surely.

I can see KZ2 and Gears 2 going head to head.

Monkeyboy
12-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Makes more sense to put it out when the release of games slows down.

DeadCell
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Out of curiousity, was a public beta released for Gears of War??

Scott
12-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Out of curiousity, was a public beta released for Gears of War??

Nope.

I think a battle between those two graphical monsters would be pretty sweet though.