PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the lesbian love scene?

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Whats with the lesbian love scene in Mass Effect?

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Omg the conspiracy! Grow up dude.

A lesbian scene where you don't see anything besides a side-boob isn't going to corrupt the mind of the children (who aren't supposed to play if their parents weren't ignorant) because nudity is a natural thing.

Monkeyboy
12-04-2007, 07:49 AM
You make it sound like making gays acceptable is a problem. Who's the one with the agenda?

Although I really don't think Mass Effect does this, making gays acceptable, especially to kids, is a great thing and something to be commended.

Scott
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
What's wrong with lesbians? Lesbians are people too.

wifi
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
*GASP* there is a lesbian love scene in that game? i never played it and now there is reason why i have to check it out lol

Riku-Nara
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
spurr of the moment thing i guess...least it's not a rip-off, like in kotor.

Blackbird
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think it's wrong with the Lesbian love scene in the game, becuase the game is created that way. But anyway aren't this game 18+ ?

Jenatello
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
dude, most lesbians are hot. Who complains about something like that? Seriously? Oh god this just made me think of Jack Thompson.. that guy is going to have a field day with this in the news. Stupid close minded people "God says its not right" Well, God isn't here now is he? And what God doesn't know wont hurt him. muahahahahahaha. Lesbians.

jakncoke
12-05-2007, 01:00 AM
lesbians are cool, it's dikes that you have to watch out for, and you sound like you have a problem with it or something, you want to follow Jack Thomson steps after he's de-barred?

Toxic
12-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Having sex scenes in a video game is somewhat of a new thing. Sure there have been instances in many games and a few that were vulgar, but everyone knew about those (Postal 2 comes to mind...hehe). I could easily see where someone could get upset about having sex in video games since young kids play mature games all the time. But, the scenes in ME are not required, so it's no big deal, even if it's lesbian (not as accepted in modern culture).

About a hidden agenda... I don't think so. The lady who can be the partner in lesbian sex is an omni-sex alien specie, so it totally makes sense in the story.

DeadCell
12-05-2007, 08:07 AM
So what you are saying is... Its okay to discriminate against gays and lesbians, but not black/asian/white people? Its okay to discriminate against gays and lesbians, but allow women to work at a office and vote? Its okay to discriminate against gays and lesbians because of their sexual orientation? Because god forbid we don't want our kids thinking they have the right to be what they want in the land of the "free". God forbid that someone is going to go to hell because some asshat thinks that its against some code of a "god" that they know for a fact created people/earth/planets/universe.

Do the world a favor and don't have kids. The last thing we need is more stupidity from people who say, "Omg that is so wrong, he discriminated against him because of his color... btw your coming with me to vote against gay marriage today right? Because thats just wrong, they shouldn't be able to choose who they want to have sex with, its up to society."

Scott
12-05-2007, 09:05 AM
You make it sound like making gays acceptable is a problem. Who's the one with the agenda?

Although I really don't think Mass Effect does this, making gays acceptable, especially to kids, is a great thing and something to be commended.
Now hold on. What you decide to do in your own time is fine and dandy, but to confuse and possible turn an otherwise straight child gay is beyond unacceptable. Personally, I disagree with homosexuals and their choices, but I respect it as their choice. Children, however, should not be put in a position that may compromise their sexuality, especially at that age where confusion is everywhere.

warboss.gremlin
01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Sex scenes in a video game are something, that I suspect, are going to be happen more rapidly. The video game industry has realized that 'winning' is not necessarily on the gamer agenda anymore. Immersion and realism are the key factors that studies say most gamers are looking for. Expect games to start mirroring life more thoroughly. It's what the consumer wants. It will only be a little bit before more developers realize that they can get away with a lot, thanks to ESRB. As long as they have that little sticker they can do anything that is in that stickers jurisdiction. An AO rating isn't going to stop a 15-year old from getting his hands on a game anymore.

GF Eric
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
spurr of the moment thing i guess...least it's not a rip-off, like in kotor.

People who made KOTOR made Mass Effect, word to the wise. KOTOR is a flippin kick ass game. I still play to this day.

Gays are part of the community. Mass Effect just emphasis this and makes it a part of life to show what some people choose to do. They show its acceptable in society. Even in a game.

So what you are saying is... Its okay to discriminate against gays and lesbians, but not black/asian/white people? Its okay to discriminate against gays and lesbians, but allow women to work at a office and vote? Its okay to discriminate against gays and lesbians because of their sexual orientation? Because god forbid we don't want our kids thinking they have the right to be what they want in the land of the "free". God forbid that someone is going to go to hell because some asshat thinks that its against some code of a "god" that they know for a fact created people/earth/planets/universe.

Do the world a favor and don't have kids. The last thing we need is more stupidity from people who say, "Omg that is so wrong, he discriminated against him because of his color... btw your coming with me to vote against gay marriage today right? Because thats just wrong, they shouldn't be able to choose who they want to have sex with, its up to society."

Ok I am not sure what you are stating but God can forgive you for your sins of being Gay or Lesbian. All you have to do is accept him into your life and you will be saved.

Jaykub
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
If I was a Mod I would delete this its a Gamers Forums Guys!

GF Eric
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Well it involves a game and Gamers is not just about Games but more like everything from music, to sports, to reviews. Plus I have reviewed this thread and if it gets way out of control I will personally delete it.

Scott
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Someone tell me where this scene is?... I finished the game twice and never saw it?.... not that I was lookin' for it or anything...