PDA

View Full Version : Cop fired after suing family of 1 year old drwning victim.

Toxic
12-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I cannot find any sympathy for the cop. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315203,00.html)

CASSELBERRY, Fla. — Casselberry authorities say a police sergeant has been fired for suing a family after she slipped and fell while trying to rescue a 1-year-old boy from drowning.

Casselberry Police Chief John Pavlis fired Sergeant Andrea Eichhorn on Tuesday.

Eichhorn has dropped her negligence lawsuit. It claimed there was water on the floor at Joey Cosmillo's home when police arrived. Eichhorn claimed she broke her knee and missed two months of work after she slid on the wet floor.

The boy suffered brain damage and can no longer walk, talk or swallow. He lives in a nursing home and eats and breathes through tubes.

Eichhorn can appeal her firing. Pavlis said the lawsuit brought public ridicule to the agency and damaged its reputation.

Mr Cool
12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I hate the police. So if i slipped on ice while rescuing someone from dying, i would get fired for nearly dying?

Scott
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
She didn't get fired for nearly dying, she got fired for being an insensitive b.tch with no sense of duty.

Jenatello
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
She didn't get fired for nearly dying, she got fired for being an insensitive b.tch with no sense of duty.

Amen. Who gives a **** if she slid on water, there was a child drowning. If you slide on water or ice and break your back, you still try to get to the child that is dying.

Jesus, what is wrong with this world?

KittyCat72
12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
It was nice to try to save the child but there's no way in h*** she should sue for slipping on water. I think she just needs to be morer careful.

Joshuah
12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Woops, My dads a cop :-P

jakncoke
12-18-2007, 11:48 AM
good I hate them pigs.