PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia at work on combined CPU with graphic

M_Nabil
10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35216

WE MANAGED to confirm that Nvidia has started to develop a CPU.

Charlie wrote about the interesting implications of Nvidia's good fortune in acquiring some folk from Stexar, a company that was known for its X86 marchitectural expertise.

And now we hear that development is underway at Nvidia's just-announced Portland, Oregon, Design Center, where chip folk are beaving away on 45 nanometre designs.

The project should bear fruit sometime in 2008, as Nvidia prepares plans to compete with Intel and AMD on the blended graphic and CPU concept.

This is what OEMs want in 2008. Sixty-five or 45 nanometre processes make this possible and AMD and Intel are going to do it, so Nvidia doesn?t have much choice.

It seems Nvidia might remain a feisty player in the years to come, unless someone fanatically swallows it.

Things are certainly heating up. ?

diablo
10-31-2006, 05:31 PM
cool, they are a good company, my video card is made by them, cant wait to see what their cpu will be like, can they overcome the competition?

Thor Erik
11-29-2006, 12:40 AM
doubt they gonna make any good @ the beginning, espesally with AMD-ATI + that intel is comming with a quad core around easter and that they said they would come with a 80 cored cpu within 2 years xD

diablo
11-29-2006, 12:26 PM
wow lol, that is competition, reminds me of the PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii war lol, well i wish them luck though lol, they will need it