PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Forum CS1.6 and TS server (BETA)

LiNuX
12-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Well guys I have been working for weeks to get the counter-strike 1.6 server up in my house and right now It's up and running and fully functional. It is located in New York so the closer you are the better your ping will be. Please note that this server is in Beta mode meaning it will experience a LOT of downtime because I am still configuring files and adding stuff to it. It will also restart a lot since that's the only way to put changes into affect.

At the end of december to the first week or two of january the whole server will be shut off for upgrades and maintenance.

This is for a CS 1.6 server and Team Speak server only - Counter-Strike Source server is up but it is not fully functional since i am having trouble with the admin mod so You will have to wait an extra day or two for its announcement.

Please go to the following IP address to join the Gamers Forum CS 1.6 server:
208.120.86.156:27015

Please go to the following IP to join the Gamers Forum Teamspeak Server:
208.120.86.156:8767

The CS server has 16 slots and the TS server has 16 slots - they will be increased later on.

If you are having trouble please feel free to ask and once again - we are in Beta!

Thank You!

LiNuX

Blackbird
12-07-2007, 02:00 AM
What kind of map is cs_747? Hmm.. I'm would like to say I'm using Teamspeak instead of playing 1.6 in your CS Server :P

LiNuX
12-07-2007, 03:17 AM
lol thats a map with an airplane - i havent set up all the maps yet so it has all the defaults and that happens to be one of them and feel free to join the cs or the ts one :D they'll be up permanently later on -

Blackbird
12-07-2007, 05:04 AM
What about setting up a great maps like De_dust2, de_aztec, de_nuke, de_inferno, de_cbble, custom maps or anything else :P

LiNuX
12-07-2007, 09:44 AM
What about setting up a great maps like De_dust2, de_aztec, de_nuke, de_inferno, de_cbble, custom maps or anything else :P

all the map you just mentioned are already in there, you probably went in when the map rotation was up to cs_747

lonewolfxix
12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
hmm.. so you took the CSS server down? I'm proud of ya, built your own first pc with only my help on specs and a bit of troubleshooting and sorted out most of the server stuff yourself :O lol way to go dude

LiNuX
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
hmm.. so you took the CSS server down? I'm proud of ya, built your own first pc with only my help on specs and a bit of troubleshooting and sorted out most of the server stuff yourself :O lol way to go dude

thanks lol :D wouldnt have known which parts to buy without your help - and the troubleshooting part was the dam RAM card lol - would have made me go crazy if u hadnt suggested to take it out :D

and no css server is still up - i just didnt put the IP publically because i havent set up some of the mods yet

Blackbird
12-07-2007, 08:47 PM
1.6 it's a lot better so it's better you have 1.6 up first :)

lonewolfxix
12-08-2007, 05:58 AM
though you guys may prefer CS1.6 most people don't, another upside to running a server (especially at home) is the fact alot of people will see the server and it's being advertised online, alot more people play Counter Strike Source than Counter Strike 1.6 as far as xfire accounts for user time ammounts are concerned.mind, this is minutes played in a day and it's rather early in the day

GAME minutes played today
Counter Strike Source 411,636 minutes (6860hours)
Counter Strike 1.6 Does not make it into top 10 played today
WarRock (in 10th pos) 103,992 minutes (1733hours)

Blackbird
12-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Anyone want to try this server out today or something? :)

LiNuX
12-08-2007, 01:02 PM
lol even i dont play cs 1.6 as much anymore - and you can test out the server anytime you wish - i'll be finishing up the last configuration of the cs source server today - i'll open a new thread with all the info -

thanks! i'll unsticky this topic for now