PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Explained

LiNuX
12-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I am sure some of you have tried to get into the forum last night or this morning but the datacenter the forum is located at had a power outage that took them hours to get back online. Then another few hours to get all their online resources such as sql and apache to work again. I had set up a regular html page trying to explain it all and I am truly sorry for this. I have no control over the host.

The forum has seen hours of downtime coming into december, you can say december isn't the best month for the forum but it's alright, as soon as 2008 comes we should get out of the unlucky streak and hit some luck. I will be moving to another host and datacenter soon. I was assured the datacenter servers are stable again and there is no way in hell am I going to trust that.

In a month or two, I will try very hard to move this forum right into my own server from which I am hosting counter strike and teamspeak servers. Hopefully my plan can play out straight and this all works.

Thank you for your patience but there will be more downtime later on for another server move. Leave any questions, suggestions, comments, compliments, complaints, anger outbursts, sarcastic remarks, happy thoughts, sad thoughts, and anything else here.

Regards,
LiNuX

conman1000
12-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Ha, as soon as I found the Free Rice thing, I was like I know that the forum is moving slowly but I have to post this. So it took me about 30 minutes and I finally posted. Then I lost the forum. :twitcy:

LiNuX
12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
the datacenter's power outage was no accident - they were hacked by a rival lol - i have no idea how they hacked into the power system but that's what i was just told - i guess they want me to stay with their servers which won't happen

Blackbird
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope you getting a better hosted for now in 2008 :)