PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Arrested After Shooting Threat on Call of Duty 4

TeknoVagrant
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15282/...all-of-Duty-4/
Cumberland Times reports that a Frostburg State University student has been taken into custody after an investigation confirmed that the 19-year-old gamer issued a threat of ?shooting up the school? while playing Call of Duty 4. Shaw faces a maximum penalty of one year jail time and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow..does that mean someone reported him or does Microsoft have some kind of code word detection like on the Jason Bourne movies

Scott
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I can top that:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/12/ch...m-video-games/

As has become standard practise now when a kid goes on a killing rampage, it's time to examine the life of Matthew Murray and see if video games had anything to do with the weekend's shootings in Colorado. Murray, who killed four people over the weekend in a couple church shootings, was apparently not permitted to play video games growing up.

The Denver Post reports Murray was rebelling against an upbringing that didn't allow for "rock music, video games and popular DVDs." In online postings Murray said that his mother would give him a "pat down" to check for music, DVDs and video games when he came out of electronic stores. As GamePolitics puts it, "In the final analysis, Murray seems like a very depressed, very angry, very disturbed young man who had access to weapons."

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
C'mon dude, the Martyrdom perk is for n00bs.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 07:25 PM
C'mon dude, the Martyrdom perk is for n00bs.

n00bs get killed by martyrdom.

TeknoVagrant
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
martydom rules.

But seriously. How did he get reported? was he playing with local people? did random nubz call 911 and report him? There's more to this.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
more importantly. was he joking or was he serious? it really is hard to take anything serious on xbox live. what with racist, homophobic remarks coming from 12(or 18) year old mouths and all.

Scott
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
martydom rules.

But seriously. How did he get reported? was he playing with local people? did random nubz call 911 and report him? There's more to this.

I'm guessing somebody reported his gametag but it does not make sense how did it work?

TeknoVagrant
12-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm guessing somebody reported his gametag but it does not make sense how did it work?

Reporting a GT doesn't do a damn thing. everyone knows that. Maybe if 20 people report the same guy at once, then yeah.

Im guessing he was playing with "friends" or something. or at least classmates who know his GT and his real life info.

LiNuX
12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
heh...im also thinking if he was kidding or was serious, but why bring the subject of "shooting up the schooL" in a game? i would understand if it was "I'LL SHOOT YOU IF I FIND YOU"

and as for the other case on murray, it seems that no video games means more violent than games like san andreas lol, wow @ life