PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.7.0 is out

LiNuX
12-18-2007, 03:52 PM
A few weeks ago the vBulletin staff had announced its product of the latest vBulletin version known as 3.7. I have tested it out and I have to say that it ROCKS with the features. Most of the additions I had to make on this forum are already on there making it a hell of a lot easier for me.

This forum is currently 3.6.8 and We will be moving to 3.7.0 later on. The vB staff is currently still working on the Second beta version of vb 3.7 and as soon as it becomes stable, you can look forward to this forum upgrading to it. Although I may have to wait a few weeks until they have fixed out all bugs.

If you own a vB forum and you wondered when the next major update of vBulletin is coming out, well it's now and the stable version should come out soon. I hope its before my second term in college starts next month.

Anyone else excited about the release besides me? lol :spinny:

GF Eric
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Sweetness. Hey what are the new features on 3.7.0.

LiNuX
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
one is a tag cloud - when you make a thread you can put in some tags for example on this thread, i'd put in vbulletin 3.7 or vB news or put in both, then somewhere on the forum there would be a cloud of words, you can click them and get all the results with that same tag - there is already a mod for it but its really long to install lol

another is sociable, you can submit your threads, posts, etc.. into social bookmarking sites such as del.icio.us and stumbleupon.com

another one lets you customize your profile, kinda like myspace but i don't like that part lol, im not a huge fan of myspace but i havent tested out how that looks yet

there are more but I am not aware of all of them since its still in beta, they are still finalized on everything

GF Eric
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
one is a tag cloud - when you make a thread you can put in some tags for example on this thread, i'd put in vbulletin 3.7 or vB news or put in both, then somewhere on the forum there would be a cloud of words, you can click them and get all the results with that same tag - there is already a mod for it but its really long to install lol

another is sociable, you can submit your threads, posts, etc.. into social bookmarking sites such as del.icio.us and stumbleupon.com

another one lets you customize your profile, kinda like myspace but i don't like that part lol, im not a huge fan of myspace but i havent tested out how that looks yet

there are more but I am not aware of all of them since its still in beta, they are still finalized on everything

Oh I like the 3 mod. That is so cool. Can't wait. I want a HALO type profile. :-P

Blackbird
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm looking forward to this one :)

LiNuX
12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
vbulletin 3.7 is now in the third beta stage of it's production. They fixed a ton more bugs from the second beta stage and I assume it is coming to a finish. Hope it soon though :D

Kiss
12-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Cool i can not wait!!!

Master_Dylmo
12-21-2007, 09:17 AM
awesome man.. forum pwns!! and its gettin better :D haha

GF Eric
12-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I hope its done by the new year. That would so rock. Are there any new mods added to the beta?

LiNuX
12-21-2007, 09:55 PM
just features i mentioned along with a few i havent yet - if it does come by new years, i won't be installing, i'll give it about 2 weeks after the stable is released then i have to make sure if all the current modifications will work, if they don't, then there could be issues

GF Eric
12-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Ok I got it and making sure its stable is good.

Blackbird
12-22-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope not this one getting spammers bots :)

conman1000
01-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I looked around and didn't see anything....

So when are we upgrading?

LiNuX
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
when the stable version comes out, its still in beta - third version right now lol, i would not want to upgrade now - there are literally another 100 bugs left to fix

their first beta lasted less than a week cuz it had too many bugs and glitches lol, second one lasted a while, and third even longer :/

Jaykub
01-14-2008, 05:44 PM
when the stable version comes out, its still in beta - third version right now lol, i would not want to upgrade now - there are literally another 100 bugs left to fix

their first beta lasted less than a week cuz it had too many bugs and glitches lol, second one lasted a while, and third even longer :/

Yup One Site I put it on to test was all messed up. could not even click home lol