PDA

View Full Version : Broke 800 members

LiNuX
12-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Well this morning the forum reached its 800th member and already up to 802. Now most of these guys aren't posting and you wonder why.

I am not very proud of the way we got to 800 members just in the past few days because we have been averaging about 8 new members a day for the past week or so.

Since I set up the Moderation of users feature, I have deleted about 5 other users for ridiculous usernames and obvious spammers (we'd have more users by now if I didn't delete) and I have banned about another 5 or 6 for being obvious spammers. About 10 or 15 other users never even confirmed their email address with the verification key so they never even made it to the moderation list. About another 5 used fake emails so they never go the verification email anyway.

About a dozen were OK and they passed moderation, or as I thought. I accepted all of them and about 10 came back afterwards. Two of them got banned for spamming (used gmail account and I got a bit confused there, and had valid usernames) - the other 8 didnt post much, or I didn't/couldn't pay attention much since i've been extremely busy the past few days.

'Tis the season to be Spammy - hope this spamfest is over soon because they just use my time time and patience to review these guys.

GF Eric
12-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I am part of that 800. I helped with the 800 members with a record 19 referrals and User 278 Referral link on MSN. :-P

:radar: Congrats Gamers :radar:

Kiss
12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
i, its so sad all these people are spamming.... Tis the season to be spamming lalala tis' the season the be advertising lalala

KittyCat72
12-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Glad to see we got 800 members... we're on our way to 1000! I wish we could get less spamming members though. :no: We'd be there a lot faster.

Blackbird
12-22-2007, 02:05 PM
How much members are actually spammers? It's amount of time they joining again in the forum. :P

LiNuX
12-22-2007, 02:48 PM
out of the 810 we have - about 50 banned for spamming lol, deleted at least another 50 since we opened and since we were yabb, smf, etc..