PDA

View Full Version : DrakeGFX

Drake14
12-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I made a graphics website. I've gotten a lot better at making sigs now that I've messed around with some stuff in photoshop. But i still have a lot to learn.

But i would love to get lots of viewers on my site :D

so check it out and leave me some comments if you would please :D

Drake GFX! (http://www.drakegfx.zxq.net)

LiNuX
12-25-2007, 09:30 PM
its looking nice, i wondered this since u asked me but i wasnt sure if it was just me but does it look like a little square in the middle of the screen? or is my browser just messed up

and its looking pretty good from using note pad :D if u wanna save some time and whatnot, u can use a html editor, keep it up

Drake14
12-25-2007, 09:44 PM
yeah it supposed to be a square in the middle.

lol didn't feel like making an entire layout. mainly cuz i suck at it still haha

gotta look at some tutorials. right now i'm working on sigs and wallpapers :D

and thanks :D

tell your friends lol :D

LiNuX
12-25-2007, 09:49 PM
lol well good to know - i asked because my first template last week was REALLY REALLY messed up when i uploaded it, offline it was perfect - and i have a bit of a suggestion for the navbar

center the text and space them out a bit, otherwise the area after the last menu item and the bottom looks a bit empty

Drake14
12-25-2007, 11:36 PM
alright thanks, cool.

If anyone is interested in a link swap, let me know :D

Joshuah
12-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Erm... I got " 404 Page Not Found! "

Kiss
12-28-2007, 08:02 AM
its, okay i don't really care for it.
It made my bookmarks though.:twitcy:

Drake14
12-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Erm... I got " 404 Page Not Found! "

yeah Zymic was having problems, it's fixed now and the site works fine now :)

Raw!
12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I actually suggest you do the entire layout. And make a forum. That would be nice. I don't 'dig' the box thing in the middle.

LiNuX
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I actually suggest you do the entire layout. And make a forum. That would be nice. I don't 'dig' the box thing in the middle.

a forum would really require more coding and more time to manage the whole thing but if u were suggesting that to get people to talk about his work, then i can probably suggest a shoutbox with captcha verification - shoutboxes are easier to manage and maintain than forums and you get the same amount of comments - and it's safer on HTML than it is in php lol

but then again its all up to drake

Raw!
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Of course. It is all up to Drake, but I like your idea more Linux, shoutbox could work great. Drake, I suggest you update it regularly, and try getting google advertisement, works wonders.

LiNuX
12-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Of course. It is all up to Drake, but I like your idea more Linux, shoutbox could work great. Drake, I suggest you update it regularly, and try getting google advertisement, works wonders.

google ads never worked wonders for me lol, they can end up uglying your site if you don't know how to use 'em correctly lol - i know how to use them and it still doesnt work sadly

@drake - since soulja boy asked you to update regularly, i wanted to know if you do it manually via html editor online or if you have something set up to auto make the pages and etc..

Drake14
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Good idea :D

Added a shoutbox. Enjoy :)

EDIT: i code everything in Notepad+

which i suggest everyone who codes in notepad, actually, even if you don't, you should get notepad+

it's amazing :D

LiNuX
12-30-2007, 09:38 PM
then thats work lol, but i used to do that with my first cs clan site, got annoying to me after a while

but when i work with html, i like using dreamweaver since it saves me a ton of time - think i told u already but i use notepad for php, seems much easier for some reason :D

keep it up!

Drake14
12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
I re-did the layout and am thinking of putting in a comment page, or move the shoutbox to the bottom of the page...not sure which i should do though, i looked for comment scripts and they aren't very easy to come across, and the ones i did come across seemed really complicated, or stupid >.<