PDA

View Full Version : Free 2GB hosting space !

M_Nabil
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
http://www.110mb.com/

This website offers 2GB of free hosting space with excellent support and features that surpass paid hosting. No forced ads or forum posting or anything required.

LiNuX
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
o yea u told me on the other forum, i'll probably try it out just to try it out lol, but thats later when i have time, like christmas break lol, i wanna see just how long they survive giving out all those things for free, no posts and no ads, but its amazing tho

diablo
11-15-2006, 12:13 PM
lol i wanna see how long they survive too, cuz sometimes even hosts with ads and posting runs out cuz of lack of money

Thor Erik
12-21-2006, 06:49 PM
well, 110mb sux.
mainly cause they only offer your one sql db. and the down time is worse than yurx!

www.yurx.com is good
and www.syxe.com
they offer less space, but better and more reliable hosting :)

LiNuX
12-21-2006, 07:08 PM
lol just noticed only one sql db lol, i use like 6 with this host right now lol, i have yurx too, i use like 3 sql there, but downtime there has been horrible these days, well im not annoyed lol, cuz my site hosted on that isnt getting my attention anyway lol

nigec
01-23-2007, 02:17 PM
i've worked my way thro 4 "free" hosts over the last year and every one of em either went tits up or closed down... i managed to squeeze some extra space from my paid host so i have three sites on there now, plus i'm not worried about twitchy mods suspending the account over something petty

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
hm..they are still up lol, i had a bet that they'll shut down by march haha, guess they have good funding :)

syst3m
04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
hm..they are still up lol, i had a bet that they'll shut down by march haha, guess they have good funding :)

they've been around for a while, i found out about them arount summer lasr year, but didnt try them till early this year, there pretty good, except safemode is on and sendmail is disabled, and no cpanel...

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
wow no cpanel? i thought they had cpanel lol, wow that really sucks, well i have a paid hosting now, 60 gig space 200 gig bandwidth. they do have a lot of rules though.

syst3m
04-18-2007, 09:27 PM
instead of cpanel they use a heavily modified layerpanel, they also dont have phpmyadmin, instead the use a modified phpminiadmin. i really dont mind there phpmyadmin alternitive since phpmyadmin confused me

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
wow i can use phpmyadmin easily, if you ever need help just ask me :) like download database backup, creating sql tables, im the guy to ask :) just ask in the script help section.

and i dont really like how its sounding about the layerpanel lol, i dont like that or direct admin, only cpanel for me. i dont even know what the phpmyadmin alternative looks like, so that can confuse me lol

syst3m
04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
u should try phpminiadmin, its nice and simple, plus its open source and only a single php script (around 10kb)

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
meh..im good with normal cpanel and normal phpmyadmin lol, dont need extra stuff now haha, well my paid hosting has everything i need so i dont have to worry :) but im not saying that this site is bad, these are all just my opinions :)

Midnight-Soul
04-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Yurx Hosting, like someone already posted, is quite good, can be slow at times, but it's useful for storing files that you don't need on your paid hosting. And yeah, 110mb sucks with 1 db...I use nearly 20 db's on my paid hosting lol.

LiNuX
04-21-2007, 08:39 PM
i use more lol, i have unlimited, i used to have a forum hosted on yurx back in late '06 but it shut down because of yurx going down - i couldnt even get a database backup then the admin said he couldnt restore it either so i gave up on that. dont have anything hosted there anymore.

syst3m
04-21-2007, 11:48 PM
lol, had a few free host go down just days after i joined

Gerrit
07-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Hmmm well it sure sounds interesting or rather promising, but it think it's a promotion.
In my opinion they cannot afford to give that much away for free...
I guess they will revert to 110mb and 10gb bandwith soon!
I might grab it before its over!

Sinote
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I'll check this website out, I'll make a cool little
website thanks for the share bro....