PDA

View Full Version : AMD vs. Intel

LiNuX
12-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Before I didn't really like AMD since I wasn't much of a hardware guy anyway. But my server is built around an AMD Athlon processor thanks to recommendations from Lonewolf - and now I actually like AMD more than Intel. I thought cheaper was worse but cheaper can be just as great. AMD is cheap and it can work just as great as any intel processor.

I may try to get an AMD Opteron processor for my next server if I get the chance and as you can see, I like AMD a bit more now :D

What about you guys?

Blackbird
01-03-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm using Intel on my gaming pc but I don't see any wrong with AMD too, well it's a lot cheaper than AMD but what make it so different.

Toxic
01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I dont think Ive ever had Intel. And I dont know what the difference is.

Blackbird
01-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Hmm.. You never have Intel, the old computer even have that Intel.

lonewolfxix
01-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Intel right now have a lot of performance advantages over AMD if you spend $200 on your cpu etc. but when you're in the $100 or so market AMD have a clear advantage over Intel especially when you don't intend to overclock your PC. Intel used to be way behind AMD.. look at all the old rigs being sold on ebay that are custom built gaming rigs.. alot of them are based around the old socket 939 and athlon64, why? AMD were better back then.. but.. time has progressed.. Intel with it's huge marketshare (always has.. as it used to be cheaper as AMD only got integrated graphics a few years ago i believe.. first board i saw with integrated graphics on AMD was a an abit nf7-m in 2003 or something) it was the obvious choice for turnkey system builders like Dell and Acer etc. all those big brand names... and AMD was for the more hardcore pc users and those who knew what they're doing.. now AMD with their low prices but awesome stock performance dominate the lower end of the market and the turnkey platforms can churn out some pretty good results when you put in a new mid range graphics card and some decent ram ;)

|Cl3aN|
03-01-2008, 02:26 AM
intel fanboy....have much xperience with them none of which was ever bad.....chips always outlasted the mobo/ram/vcard/everything lol