PDA

View Full Version : What to convert to

LiNuX
11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
i have found some converters that may work on this forum, i have been trying to conver to something else for a while now, the current forum is YaBB2.

but i want ur opinion, should i conver to SMF 1.1 or phpBB2 or keep it this way?

i have tested and successfully converted a practice yabb2 forum to smf 1.1, havent converted successfully to phpBB2 yet, but still trying it.

smf 1.1 -- your passwords will remain the same
phpBB2 -- i have to manually reset ur passwords later but that wont take too long for me

Which would you prefer for this forum?

diablo
11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
i think phpBB is better than smf anyway so i vote for that, ultimately u are gonna make the decision right? lol

Twigz
11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I know you told me about phpBB2 before, so I'll go with that...but after u manually set the passwords, can we put them back?

LiNuX
11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
I know you told me about phpBB2 before, so I'll go with that...but after u manually set the passwords, can we put them back?

of course u can, i just have to reset the passwords, email the passwords to each user and then they can login and change it back to whatever :D but converter isnt seem to be working, getting on my nerves a little now lol, i'll figure it out later ;)

Haloer2006
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
convert to phpbb 2.0.. if you can do it.. if not SMF..

LiNuX
11-15-2006, 05:31 PM
convert to phpbb 2.0.. if you can do it.. if not SMF..

my original intention was to conver to phpbb2, but since there was no direct converter to that, i was gonna do from yabb2 to smf 1.1 RC3 to phpBB2, now the convter from smf 1.1 to phpbb2 isnt working, thats why i thought i would get some opinions here, if i should remain to converted smf or remain yabb or keep trying for phpbb2, phpbb2 got all the votes so far, i didnt vote of course

crazay
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
phpBB gets my vote too lol, good luck finding a way to convert it to that :)

Twigz
11-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah, that's a good idea; wait until everyone gets a chance to vote and then decide...well, not for some people here... ;) j/j