PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Juarez

Riku-Nara
12-31-2007, 01:51 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z59/Domac-Firo/CallofJuarez2.jpg

Call of Juarez for the Xbox 360 is the latest Western shooter from X-Box having to follow up with predecessors like Red Dead Revolver and Gun. The story is this, Billy Candle comes back home after coming up short on his search for the gold of Juarez. within 10 minutes of him being back in town he gets in trouble receiving a free err... straightening of his pants leg from a local lady friend. Well when he makes it back to his mothers he finds that someone has murdered his mother and stepfather. Cut to his step uncle Reverend Ray who is being hassled by the local saloon owner in his own church. Well he gets alerted to his brothers death and finds only Billy at the scene fleeing. The game follows both Billy and Ray as Ray peruses Billy and Billy is on the run. To properly review this game I have to break it into two.

The good.
So like Red Dead Revolver both characters have there own bullet time. Ray bringing both his guns together in slow mo, while Billy does it with a Bow and Arrow. And let me tell you nothings more humerous then a bandit getting the old arrow in the head gag in slow mo. This game is also not a straight shoot em up. With Ray you come out guns a blazing, but with Billy you are more stealthy and have to choose your movements. The story line is intreging (i apologize for horrific spelling) because even know you know from the start Billy is set up, you get to learn why with both characters. There are also 40 wanted posters you can find through out the game which are wanted posters of the games programmers.

The Medium
So here are the gray areas for me. In the game you are able to pick up objects and handle them. Sometimes the game physics are wonky, but you can also pick up things like lanterns so u can set people and places on fire. One of the weapons that the reverend has is a bible. When you use it, it confuses your enemies.

The Bad
Ok here we go. So one of the problems i had with this game is alot of the missions or just your plain objective are vaguely spell it out for you. It tells you to get a saddle. It never tells you from where. It will tell you to ride on, but you get no direction. You can spend countless lives and time trying to find out where to go because although your compass will point you where to go, your environment will halt you from getting there. Horseback riding can be more frustrating then anything being as when your in high speed pursuit you have a high chance of dying. And the using of picked up object can get frustrating at times. I also had a bad time with the XBL play with this game. The team games have a counter strike style where one death is all you get in that round, and how the damage is equally balanced, for example me shooting someone in the leg is the the equivalent of someone shooting me in the head

All in all its an enjoyable game. Many say its similar to gun and red dead but i disagree. It sticks to having time period weapons and with the exception of there wooden turret gun it stays there. It is a fun game though. And if your looking for a different style of FPS then heres the way to go.

Call of Juarez gets a: 7/10

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/oabareload/oabareload/382882e4.jpg

Toxic
01-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Yeah Ive heard about it its getting a lot of mixed reviews. So I dont know if Ill get it.