PDA

View Full Version : GF Servers Shut Down

LiNuX
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM
The GF servers will be shut down for about a week or two. It isn't permanent so don't worry and sorry to all those that use the servers, I have no choice.

The servers include the Counter-Strike: 1.6, Counter-Strike: Source, Teamspeak GF1, and TeamSpeak GF2. They will not be accessible until I have put them back up.

Now the reason for this shut down is that I am moving in a few days and I have to unplug my server and take it to my new location. I have to wait for my internet to be transferred which hopefully doesn't take more than week.

Don't ask me where I am moving - I live in NYC and I am staying in NYC, just a different house. :D

This is about a 2 day advanced warning before it is shut down but I will not give an official in server warning, you will just have to suffer getting disconnected.

Thank you for using the server the past month, had about 200 logged users total (unique users) for all 4 servers together that is :D

Regards,
LiNuX

LiNuX
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
update on this

the servers should be back up and running at full speed by next weekend, i just have to reconfigure some of the things and the IP to which you will have to connect to will be different!

if any questions, suggestions, concerns about this issue, post here

Blackbird
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Well I'm was sleeping when the servers was down again, anyway it's looking better now with updates. Any new about it? ^^

LiNuX
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
new IP, probably new games as well, possibly Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 2 will be added

Blackbird
01-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Very nice Linux looking forward to play in our BattleField 2 server even the ping getting high from here :(