PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - HD Problems (I think)

MC-JAMIE
01-05-2008, 04:48 PM
So I load up the ps3 on the HD tv go throught the settings.
Then my dad tells me to move it, so I wire it up on my own tv (it's not hd)
and i don't get anything on any of my av channels so I tested it on two other t.v with no avail. Bac on the hd tv and everythings great. HELP!:eek1:;(

LiNuX
01-05-2008, 05:05 PM
well it should work on any tv but just works better on HD - but here is what i picked up from the ps3 support site about the issue, see if it helps, i can't give you personal exp knowledge with this since i don't own a ps3

* Check that the input mode of the TV is appropriate for the connector in use on the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system.
* There may be a problem with the cable in use. Try using another cable that is compatible with the PLAYSTATION?3.
* If the video output settings on the PLAYSTATION?3 do not match those of the cable or TV in use, there may be no picture. If the screen goes blank, turn off the system.
* Then, with only the PLAYSTATION?3 and the TV connected, touch the system's power button for more than 5 seconds to turn the system back on. The video output settings will automatically be reset to the standard resolution.

MC-JAMIE
01-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks alot. Still no luck;( Anyone else any ideas

jakncoke
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
yeah PS3 defiantly work on SDTV and amazing I might add, perhaps try and hook up it through a old vcr? that's how I got mine hooked up.

J.J.STAND
01-15-2008, 05:52 PM
the only way you're going to get it to play to component hook-up is if your hook the HDMI Back to the HD television and make the changes to component through the PS3 screen resolutions. Choose component and make sure you have the other component cables hooked up as the same time as the HDMI!