PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Counter Strike Version

LiNuX
11-24-2006, 01:26 PM
what is your favorite counter strike version? mine is 1.6 since its the only one i have and the one i play the most lol. and it has a lot more players than the all the other counter strike versions combined, but also a lotta hackers >:( whats ur favorite?

scorp
11-30-2006, 09:43 AM
1.6 because its pro style :D

source is so lame...i had bought me that some days ago...join a server and go with 40:1 on a other server. the grafic engine is better, but the feeling,speed etc. is hmm boring...and condition zero is for noobs too!

play counterstrike 1.6 and become a pro gamer like Roman R from Mouseports ;) a friend of my clan ^^

LiNuX
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
lol cool, 1.6 is pro, most of the top cs gamers play 1.6. People that play 1.6 can beat the gamers on other versions. And i can prove it because i've pwned people in condition zero and source and i dont even have those games

souljaa
12-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Mines 1.6....I played source...wasn't that great....I find CZ even better...But nothing beats 1.6

Thor Erik
12-27-2006, 07:46 PM
cheat in 1.6 :p play proper in css :p

afterall css is more realistic(in physics terms)
i don't think 1.6 is any good, often i run on maps with k/d @ 150-160:1 XD

so Source for me :)

Jarritos
12-28-2006, 01:28 AM
lol i always liked 1.3 back in the day....great I guess that means i am old. I guess now i will start saying i use to play cs 5 miles up hill in the snow. dam lol

LiNuX
12-28-2006, 06:36 PM
lol i always liked 1.3 back in the day....great I guess that means i am old. I guess now i will start saying i use to play cs 5 miles up hill in the snow. dam lol

lol ur not the only one, i love 1.3, the slippery floors works great for bunny hop lol, and pistols have almost 100% acc even when u jump ;D

aosmallan
12-30-2006, 11:49 AM
cheat in 1.6 :p play proper in css :p

afterall css is more realistic(in physics terms)
i don't think 1.6 is any good, often i run on maps with k/d @ 150-160:1 XD

so Source for me :)

Source... proper? How long have you been playing CS because I'm sorry but Source bastardized CS. It's an amazing engine don't get me wrong, amazing platform for game-building. HL2 was fun to play as are a few of the other Source spawns... But as far as CS goes... it strayed too far from 1.5 and 1.6... you know... the #1 online multiplayer game for how many years running? It's fun to play for a while, but that's about it. Most people that "LOVE" source haven't been playing CS for that long.

It's all looks and glam, with admittedly decent play and physics. I'll play it for fun because, hey, it is... but really now...

I'd say 1.5, but 1.6 since 1.5 technically doesn't exist anymore ;)

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 08:03 AM
well i used to go to a cyber cafe with friends to play cs, and they only had 1.5 lol, it still exists in some places, just not the internet lol, LAN connection, and i hav eto agree with allan that most people that love souce havent been playing cs that long, cuz i have a friend that just got into cs like a year ago, he played both, but after he played source, he automatically liked it more just cuz of the graphics and how the guns look lol, but cs 1.6 is still my favorite and original

remember i said MOST people that love source lol, not all

aosmallan
12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
remember i said MOST people that love source lol, not all

Don't try to qualify the arguement just to save your own ass. Don't worry about the little people, if they're feelings get hurt they can just un-thank you ;)

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Don't try to qualify the arguement just to save your own ass. Don't worry about the little people, if they're feelings get hurt they can just un-thank you ;)

lol haha, well i said that cuz i didnt wanna assume that he is new to playing cs

Jarritos
01-01-2007, 08:24 PM

lol ur not the only one, i love 1.3, the slippery floors works great for bunny hop lol, and pistols have almost 100% acc even when u jump ;D

I am glad there is some old school cs players who remember the bunny hop. Dam i cant remember if they took that out in 1.4 or 1.5. ahhh oh well

souljaa
01-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Lol. Bunny hoppn' is fun! But it can get annoying sometimes..When some people are really good at it, and they get to your spawn in like 5 seconds and kill you...That's when it starts pissing me off.

aosmallan
01-01-2007, 08:38 PM

lol haha, well i said that cuz i didnt wanna assume that he is new to playing cs

Oh! No.... please assume away!

King Liquid
01-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I have played both the normal CS version and the source. I think that the Source is way better :P

diablo
01-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I have played both the normal CS version and the source. I think that the Source is way better :P

nah..uh lol, well like they said, these are just opinions, one is better to one person but crappy to the other

dc
01-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Seems all the pros went to source. I personally think 1.5/1.6 is the best CS we are going to get, Source was fun for what 5 mins? Source became to easy for us "veterans" of the game, Source was made for people new to CS, people who have NEVER played CS before and could just get on and learn. 1.5 is the best CS in my opinion, had many bugs, but still was a great game, when 1.6 came out I was so excited, I went and hurried to download it, to my dissapointment they took out ALOT of the things that made 1.5 great. So this is very much like the 1.6 and source deal, people who have never played 1.6 are bashing it like no other, and people who haven't played source are bashing it as well, lets put it this way, there are now 2 generations of gamers, Source and 1.6, sure 1.6 is more popular at the momment, but with all the Pro teams switching over to it, it will soon be just as popular maybe even more.

Well, there goes my little rant, if you can even call it that.

LiNuX
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
people are switching over because they think source is a little easier to conquer lol, i agree that 1.5 is great, but not the best, like i said 1.3 lol, old school, i have this friend that is hooked on source, and cant stand 1.6 cuz its "hard" lol, i doubt it'll get any more popular, thats what they said about condition zero when it first came out

wifi
02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
1.6 beats the cake for excitement and adrenaline rush, source beats it in graphics of course

scorp
02-11-2007, 10:22 AM
1.6 is my fovourite...the handling and movement is perfect.in source i like the grafix but i make only headshots there...it is soo boring :(

dANNNimal
04-20-2007, 11:25 AM
1.3 all the way without a doubt

souljaa
04-22-2007, 08:49 AM
1.3 all the way without a doubt

1.3?!! Lol. I don't think I've ever tried that..Maybe I have.

dANNNimal
04-23-2007, 10:47 AM
u can actually bhop (well u can on 1.6 but its harder) and no delay on awp scope. for some reason i think its graphically better (i think the gamma ingame has been changed since but dont know jus somehow seems better).

LiNuX
04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
1.3 is great the floors are slippery and u feel like ur gliding across, played 1.3 mod on 1.6, pistols have almost 100% accuracy even when u jump

Gerrit
07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
I have the feeling that I may be one of the few with this opinion, due to the fact that all my friends' opinions differ.

I think the bester version for CS is 1.5 !

I have a feeling that the aiming is way different, the buy menu of 1.5 is much better. When I was new to 1.6 I always bought the wrong stuff.
Also, I do not like the knife attacks in 1.6 bleah! :(

vaYaz
10-14-2007, 04:02 PM
The pro gamers like cs16 so i like it too

LiNuX
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
The pro gamers like cs16 so i like it too

well some of the pro moved onto source and they are pro there too lol, really depends on how well you play any game

vaYaz
10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
well some of the pro moved onto source and they are pro there too lol, really depends on how well you play any game

pros moving to source because of money, cs16 is not more supported, it has 2 many bugs

all are waiting for "cs pro mod" for css, and me too

look at this
y o u t u b e . c o m /watch?v=uckrSb0O8JQ

LiNuX
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
i'll watch that when i have time about a few hours from now lol, packed with work

i noticed u tried to link it, read the FAQs if you havent, u'll be able to post all links soon :)

thanks!

SchoolBus
10-17-2007, 03:44 AM
I play 1.6 at school but a prefer playing CSS... just because i play it alot more and im much better at it than 1.6.... but i respect the classics :D

I think CZ was just plain ol' nasty i hate that version...

NDM
10-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Well i play CS 1.5 because i dont have source, and condition zero... But i will try to buy them.