PDA

View Full Version : World Of Warcraft

LiNuX
11-24-2006, 01:53 PM
any world of warcraft players here? It is one of the best games out today. Came out in November 23, 2004. It is one of the few games that kept a rating of above 9.0 for this long. Almost 2 years now, its rating is still 9.5 by almost all critics and websites. You have to pay $15 monthly to play this game. Pretty expensive to play a game if you ask me. I would play it if it was a one time pay, but i dont like pay to play games.

Zerabira
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I play WoW on and off. Pretty good game. $15 a month is not a lot for what you get.

LiNuX
12-02-2006, 03:46 PM
$15 is a lot for me lol, especially without a job, plus, i dont have too much time in my hands, but i have friends that are addicted to this game

aosmallan
12-03-2006, 02:46 AM
I don't consider any game worth paying monthly for, with the exception of something along the lines of XBox Live, which gives you the ability to play any online-capable game. People spend their time playing WoW days on end, it's ****ing ridiculous. I know that you can moderate yourself and not play that much, but cmon now, games like this really don't have much to them if you don't spend at least a few nights a week playing them all night long. I played an MMORPG once, yes I've even played WoW on a friends computer (shortly before d*ckslapping him in the face), and in the end, it's all incredibly beyond pointless, theres no challenge to it, no storyline. Someone can brag all they want about having some maxxed out character, but in reality a 10-year old can do it. The 10-year old may not be as efficient, but all the same he can still do it... How do I know? My neighbor standing tall at 11-years old has 2 level 39, maybe 40-something by now, WoW characters... what were they? A Paladin and a Rougue? ***** if I care. Then there's the elite few who claim, "Oh I do it cause I can level up then sell my account and make $300 dollars!" Good ****ing job, it's not like you spent $35 on the activation fee and $15/month for at the very least 4-6 months before you can level up to anything feasibly worth selling. (Oh wait yeah you did!) So you made $150 for 4 months of work, amazing. All that time you spent on WoW, you could have had a job that pays minimum wage working less than 2 hours a week for 4 months and STILL made more.

Here's a slogan or two for WoW.

"World of Warcraft -- When your own life bores you enough."
"World of Warcraft -- When you want an "RPG" with no storyline whatsoever."
"World of Warcraft -- Get a real job."

"Friends don't let friends play."

"World of Warcraft -- Who gives a sh*t?"

LiNuX
12-03-2006, 10:26 AM
lol wow, ur a angry person allan, but i do know how u feel, i would never pay to play a game like that, i said before, only a one time pay, i'll do it, but monthly, no no, i used to play a MMORPG called R.O.S.E., i've stated that before, its kinda like WoW, but with a better story mode if u ask me, more fun to level up, and i've played that for about 8 months for free, its beta version, then they decided to make it P2P, pay 2 play, i quit that day, they gave old members an extra month free, but i just quit, no point in working my *ss off for another month just to not play again

my friends that play this game all day, i barely get to talk to them much, i do try to get them off playing lol, but it is addictive, u have to agree with that, thats how many companies make money, especially gaming and the nicotene company lol, no offense to anybody

crazay
12-03-2006, 04:43 PM
i never played that game, but i heard that it is really good, great graphics, i've seen them, but i agree with linux and aosmallan, no way i'd pay to play a game monthly, one time is ok, like a normal video game for any console

King Liquid
01-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Id rather go back playing Guild Wars than this. Its way not worth paying for WoW.

souljaa
01-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Id rather go back playing Guild Wars than this. Its way not worth paying for WoW.

Yeah, same..I played WoW for like 30 mins, I don't think it's worth the monthly payment.

maddog117
01-03-2007, 12:57 AM

Btw there is a story line

aosmallan
01-03-2007, 08:05 PM

Btw there is a story line

K Explain it. And I hope you're not about to explain the storyline of "Warcraft". Because I have played "Warcraft", which is a different game altogether from "World of Warcraft". I want to hear the original storyline of World of Warcraft.

Drake14
01-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I tried it for about 10 minutes and stopped playing. I can't stand WoW. But not for any particular reason. i just....don't like it.....

souljaa
01-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I tried it for about 10 minutes and stopped playing. I can't stand WoW. But not for any particular reason. i just....don't like it.....

Exaclty the same with me...Iono what's so........that great about it.

Drake14
01-04-2007, 09:00 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Everyone makes such a big deal about it...but i can't see anything that great...

souljaa
01-04-2007, 09:06 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Everyone makes such a big deal about it...but i can't see anything that great...

Yeah..I tried it out..Thinking omg i'm gonna have something to play that'll keep me busy for a while...but wth....i played it.....seemed same for me like the other FREE MMORPGs

Drake14
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah..I tried it out..Thinking omg i'm gonna have something to play that'll keep me busy for a while...but wth....i played it.....seemed same for me like the other FREE MMORPGs

definitely!!!!

I had heard so much great stuff about it....then i played and i was like "Wtf!?" so i stopped and played Guild Wars instead ;D

Blackleo
06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Well Iam guessing Iam one of that friend that is addicted to WoW lvl 70 Rogue, server Malygos, Blackleo

LiNuX
06-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Well Iam guessing Iam one of that friend that is addicted to WoW lvl 70 Rogue, server Malygos, Blackleo

lol good guess haha - well u stopped and got back into it right? just wasting more money on this huh

Joshuah
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Never tried it, but I saw a bit of it on South Park :D

LiNuX
06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
i have a few friends now trying to convince me to get the game lol, to get the trial at least, i just dont have time these days to do much. it is very popular though.

i think guild wars maybe better lol, but its just one time pay here so i could be biased

Blackleo
07-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Iam not trying to convince you !!! Iam just telling you if you can, but since your soo busy !!! Then

LiNuX
07-07-2007, 10:54 PM
and you know why im busy blackleo :) i have tons of stuff and spending money for a game i'll barely get to play will be a waste if u know what i mean, i havent played any game the past 2 weeks lol, nothing in july :(

FattaT
07-07-2007, 11:06 PM
lol, I'm not going to get into WOW cuz i know if i do i will get addicted and waste so much time on it.
Like heaps of people i know...

LiNuX
07-07-2007, 11:28 PM
lol, I'm not going to get into WOW cuz i know if i do i will get addicted and waste so much time on it.
Like heaps of people i know...

thats a pretty big assumption, i can tell u not everyone gets addicted to the same game or same type of game - but u should get the free trial and see how addicted u become lol :-P

am i making it worse for u? lol

Blackleo
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Hmmm how about if we become good at it .... I mean really good !!! And start mentoring other players like that Halo kid did and get tons of money !!!!