PDA

View Full Version : Playstation and Playstation 2

LiNuX
11-25-2006, 02:02 PM
These days all people talk about is the Playstation 3, the XBox 360, and the Nintendo Wii. I thought i would ask this, how many people here still have their old Playstation, the first one that ever came out. Cuz i still have mine, although i dont play it, i still have it.

And Playstation 2, how many people still have theirs and still play it? i have it, havent played in a while but my sister still plays some games on it. keeping it alive.

lets go back to the good old playstation 1 and playstion 2 days lol.

Twigz
11-29-2006, 06:06 PM
I still have my PS2, even though it's totaled...LOL, I still have my games too...I remember when I used to spend my weekends playing...time went so slow then...now with no games, it feels like I'm inches away from digging my grave...LOL

csquare016
12-10-2006, 11:39 PM
I still have my playstation 2. nintendo 64, gamboy color pokemon edition. gameboy advance(only played twice). and i am getting a psp.

diablo
12-11-2006, 01:55 PM
i have my gameboy color stil lol, i have my ps2 too, but dont play it, its messed up

csquare016
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
my first ps2 messed up so I bought the skinny one.

LiNuX
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
The playstation 2 is now $129, big price drop, i bought mine for $250 lol, back in the day, the big fat one ;D

crazay
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
yea everything is getting cheaper these days, but more expensive things are coming out and taking their places lol, like the PS3 :D

csquare016
12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
that is true. prices are outrageous for sure! Including the games!!

LiNuX
12-14-2006, 04:40 PM
o yea, especially when they come out, i have a ton of PS2 games, all cost me $50 lol, i bought them when they first came out, except my vice city, i got it for $45, a couple months after it came out

Twigz
12-16-2006, 04:44 PM
I guess you gotta wait like 5 years to get everything you want at the same time for a great price...my PS2 is done for, I got it for $250 as well, and it was fat...must felt like it needed a diet...

nigec
01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
we have two playstaion 1's and a PS2, both the PS1's work although one of em likes to shut down after the first 10 mins lol, the PS2 works if it'll boot up ::) once it actually starts it works fine

theres a place local you can buy brand new PS1's for ?10!

we've still got a mega drive kicking about somewhere :-[

LiNuX
01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
lol wow, thats cheap, $50 here, thats like 25 euros

souljaa
01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
we have two playstaion 1's and a PS2, both the PS1's work although one of em likes to shut down after the first 10 mins lol, the PS2 works if it'll boot up ::) once it actually starts it works fine

theres a place local you can buy brand new PS1's for ?10!

we've still got a mega drive kicking about somewhere :-[

Whoa...I wish I lived where you lived...I'd like..experiment with Ps1s :P.

Rotekoppen
01-19-2007, 12:07 AM
we have the nintendo 8 bit and 64 bit and ps1 but that one has to be upsidedown for to work :D and we have one black ps2 and one pink ps2 and are waiting for the ps3 to come out

souljaa
01-19-2007, 08:51 AM
we have the nintendo 8 bit and 64 bit and ps1 but that one has to be upsidedown for to work :D and we have one black ps2 and one pink ps2 and are waiting for the ps3 to come out

Damn. Nice!

diablo
01-19-2007, 01:03 PM

there is a pink ps2? lol i did not know that, i only knew of the black one lol, weird, any pics?

Twigz
01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow, I didn't even know they made it in another color...that would look kinda weird to me...

souljaa
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
I think it's this, but it looks purple to me.
http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2271691948

Twigz
01-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, that does look awful purple-ish...I think that would be a nice gift for some girl I know...if only I knew where and if they made those in the U.S. :-\

souljaa
01-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah, that does look awful purple-ish...I think that would be a nice gift for some girl I know...if only I knew where and if they made those in the U.S. :-\

Lol. I've never seen them :(.

aosmallan
01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
what about this? http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/3b/71/63_1_b.JPG

haha

aosmallan
01-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Anyway...

Just a story...

Even though I had a PS2, I always remember wanting a PSOne when it came out... Remember? It was the second version of the Playstaion... the smaller, white, rounded one.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news3/may2k/psone/PSone_2.jpg

The thing only cost $100 for the whole setup, console, controller and 4" LCD screen, which I guess was still a lot for the 12-year old that I was. The best part about it was that it was entirely portable, the entire thing could be run off batteries, which I'm sure it ate up like no other... still lol. But I always thought it would have been so badass, I mean... Even as a kid I've always traveled a lot, and with the GameBoy Color being the most advanced portable console out at the time (PSOne released 2000, and GBA not til 2002)... How cool would it have been to be toting around a full-fledged playstation console on a plane or wherever else...

And now that I think about it, I almost want one even now hahaha... By now I'm sure you could get a setup (Console + Controllers + Screen + games) for maybe $50?

Twigz
01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Whoa, that's almost a hot pink, lol...that's the one I'd give that girl I know who'd want it so much...I think...

Twigz
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah...I was on a trip in Florida, and I remember seeing this kid play the PSOne and me with my jealous face on looking at him...I didn't know it ran on batteries though...thought it had some type of charger or something...anyway that did sound genious at the moment I remember it...

souljaa
01-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Anyway...

Just a story...

Even though I had a PS2, I always remember wanting a PSOne when it came out... Remember? It was the second version of the Playstaion... the smaller, white, rounded one.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news3/may2k/psone/PSone_2.jpg

The thing only cost $100 for the whole setup, console, controller and 4" LCD screen, which I guess was still a lot for the 12-year old that I was. The best part about it was that it was entirely portable, the entire thing could be run off batteries, which I'm sure it ate up like no other... still lol. But I always thought it would have been so badass, I mean... Even as a kid I've always traveled a lot, and with the GameBoy Color being the most advanced portable console out at the time (PSOne released 2000, and GBA not til 2002)... How cool would it have been to be toting around a full-fledged playstation console on a plane or wherever else...

And now that I think about it, I almost want one even now hahaha... By now I'm sure you could get a setup (Console + Controllers + Screen + games) for maybe $50?

Hahah/....Now I want one.

aosmallan
01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah...I was on a trip in Florida, and I remember seeing this kid play the PSOne and me with my jealous face on looking at him...I didn't know it ran on batteries though...thought it had some type of charger or something...anyway that did sound genious at the moment I remember it...

I could be wrong, sorry lol. I know for a fact that you can buy a battery pack for it so that it can be standalone, but I think I implied that it could be run off like... AA's or something, which I don't believe it can...

Twigz
01-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I know what you meant...and that would be something if it actually could, huh?

aosmallan
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I know what you meant...and that would be something if it actually could, huh?

haha yeah, i'm sure it could... it's just too much of a liability if they did... have a video game console like that run off cell batteries... what if it leaks, explodes etc.

Eric
01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I still got my PS :). My PS2 burned out from me playing endless hours (getting abused at times from anger of losing a game ;)). All my money now goes into my car, so don't know if I will get another console any time soon. Do still play my bro's PS2 though, when he lets me