PDA

View Full Version : What has happened?

LiNuX
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
The server the forum was on earlier got hacked by some no good A-hole that owns a graphic design website. I don't know if the guy "gamerz" set it up with the asteroids exploit or if someone else did it for fun.

i tried to get back the latest possible posts and what you see is what I was able to recover. All my previous databases were messed up. Some of the last posts date back to dec 17th and members date back to dec 14th

I had no control over this and I wasn't even sure how this happened. This happened around 5 AM EST and I was sleeping then. Woke up nearly 5 hours later.

I am so sorry for the losses - I am still trying to restore the latest parts of the forum if I can get my hands on the data. You my see threads and posts pop back up out of no where.

Sorry for the losses once again.

Regards,
LiNuX

Blackbird
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Well Linux I think it's alright now, you finaly getting all datebase fixed.

LiNuX
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
yea lol, the posts we made the last time i restored are gone though, i tried bringing them back but all i got was errors - it was just 5 posts so i just let it go

jakncoke
01-08-2008, 05:34 AM
You have the worst luck with servers, I bet it was gamerz. too bad the govt. wouldn't make serious attempts at sending hackers to jail for sentences of no less than 50 years.

Kiss
01-08-2008, 06:20 AM
All i lost was 2 reputation comments.

Master_Dylmo
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
omfg haz0red that sux hard... btw i am so sorry i havent been on GF in ages im on holidays for a while so i might not be on properly for a while :D

Blackbird
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Well you don't need to be sorry becuase you not in Gamers-Forum becuase we have holidays for few weeks ago :P

LiNuX
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
You have the worst luck with servers, I bet it was gamerz. too bad the govt. wouldn't make serious attempts at sending hackers to jail for sentences of no less than 50 years.

i really do and i do believe it was him, the score is gone though, he couldn't hack our forum though, he somehow got into the whole server but i really do doubt it was him

what the hacker did was point all the customers to his site to get hosting so we are trying to fight that, we'll see where it goes

and jak don't worry ur tetris score is still there lol - i just have to fix some of the newer games