PDA

View Full Version : Server Maintenance

LiNuX
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Well tonight my host plans to do some apache upgrade that will shut down all sites on their 5 or 6 or so servers for an hour or so. It should occur 10 PM EST - but before that I may move the forum out to another host. I am looking for a better one even if it will cost me a bit more. Hopefully I can find advertisers to help pay for the cost and etc.

Just expect downtime today - If a host move does take place, expect domain nameserver update issues.

Sorry for all this but it is necessary to keep the forum secure and running.

~LiNuX

LiNuX
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Forum was moved to a better server, located in Canada - hopefully it's a better country for me to run this forum :D

topic unstickied

jakncoke
01-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I dunno about anyone else but the site has been sorta slow and messing on me.

LiNuX
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
not just you, i've had a few people leave me emails and IMs telling me they cant access the forum at all

lol i pay more for a better server and this is what I get - i swear i have the worst luck with hosts :/ i'll probably move it back to the old server soon

warboss.gremlin
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Also lots of the page cannot be found and very few images are showing. Thought you should know. Perhaps all files weren't transfered to the new host?

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Also lots of the page cannot be found and very few images are showing. Thought you should know. Perhaps all files weren't transfered to the new host?

uh..no lol, that was my fault today - please switch to them "Silver & Red" if it hasn't already auto switched for you :-) the images are just missing

i am not on my regular PC right now So I cannot upload all the images yet.