PDA

View Full Version : Rfom 2

jakncoke
01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Apparently in the latest GI there is 2 interesting tidbits about the game. 1) 60 player online matches 2) 8 player co-op . Awesome how Insomniac is pushing the series along and those 2 things are just +'s to me as I just want to continue the story. Just thought I'd the awesome news.

Accurate.

Also there will be 2 full campaigns

Dflat Major
01-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Well that sounds cool, never played the game, aught to try it.

jakncoke
01-28-2008, 12:11 AM
It hasn't come out yet, but knowing Imsomniac it will be out later this year. Try RFOM...awesome game...top 10 PS3 game for sure.

jakncoke
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
:New Details:

Resistance 2 - Attack on the USA - Exclusive new details

"Resistance 2 will feature the Chimera in a major onslaught at the San Francisco Bridge and other American landmarks.

Insomniac games have finally started talking facts. In a major feature of the Official PlayStation Magazine UK they have revealed a number of exciting new details. Resistance 2 continues where the first game finished, with Nathan travelling to Iceland, the base of SRPA (Special Projects Research Administration.) When he gets there he discovers that there are others humans who have been infected by mutant DNA who also have mutant healing and telepathic abilities. They have been bought together as a task force known as the Sentinels, each with their own abilities and weapons.

The Multi-player modes are not tacked-on cameos to the single player game, they are fully fledged co-stars! A lot of work has been put into the co-op. Lead Designer Colin Munson says "Eight players is that sweet team size. It's enough so that you pretty much know the people on your team but it's big enough to let new players in." The co-op campaign will focus on teamwork, with the game testing players ability to work together. "The initial bridge attack forces players to deal with danger from multiple angles. The Titans meanswhile require the squad to divide and conquer, as these behomoths can easily take out an entire squad with one hit from a rocket cannon."

The 60 person multiplayer game will be divided into 2 teams of 30. Each team will be divided into smaller squads with their own objectives. Insomniac will make it easy and fun to get online"

[i]
* There are 3 co-op character classes. Soldier, medic, and special-ops trooper. Each can collect XP points to improve their skills (ala Call of Duty 4.)

* The Splitter is a new weapon, a mini-gun that can spray a barrage of rounds

* Special abilities can be 'charged up' by killing aliens. If your shields are down, kill more aliens to recharge.

* The medic will shoot a special gun on the injured

* The new stalker has been significantly upgraded in detail level and functionality. It now features a big red eye at the front.

* New super-bosses. Giant size. That arent taken down the same way as other enemies are taken down. They have full AI, and dynamic animation.

tks gaf

KingHellFire
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
That sounds like pure gold to me. I love R:FoM it's like up there in my top ten favorites. I can't wait for the second one. I play online pretty often, Jakncoke add my tag?

alex_tapout

I'll play later, and we can do some team death match if you want.

Jaykub
02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Sounds Really Cool gats to check it out

KingHellFire
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
yeah it does, I don't think it will come out until sometime this winter. Thats just me though.

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 09:23 AM
That sounds like pure gold to me. I love R:FoM it's like up there in my top ten favorites. I can't wait for the second one. I play online pretty often, Jakncoke add my tag?

alex_tapout

I'll play later, and we can do some team death match if you want.

I don't play RFOM anymore but I'll still add you.

glenofimaal
02-22-2008, 10:04 AM
cool sounds like it's right for me ;)

Jjjet1
02-22-2008, 10:15 AM
well i've only played it once with my brother's ps3 it was awsome. but it seemed like it was one of the few good games for the ps3. but if it was for the 360 or pc i'd definately go out and get it.

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 10:19 AM
You never played RFOM2 because it doesn't come out till later this year. RFOM is probably what your thinking. and PS3 has more than a few good games. The no good games argument has been dead since November.

Jjjet1
02-22-2008, 10:57 AM
well yeah i guess but i don't know much about the ps3 because my brother moved out about november so yeah. sorry for that. oh and yes i was talking about rfom the first one. i think he got it the first day (ps3)

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
no problem if you didn't mean it in a troll way. my bad for lashing out. it's just some ppl around here and other sites still like to use that against the PS3.

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't play RFOM anymore but I'll still add you.

Alright, I'll get on later tonight.

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Do you have Warhawk?

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Nah, it costs money doesn't it? I might buy it, but I don't know much about it.

And yeah when people say that about the ps3 it really gets to me.

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 01:40 PM
It costs 40 for PSN/Non-Headset version and 60 for it. Great game. Still loads of ppl play it.

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
What's it about? I never really got around to finding out more about it.

Also I was wondering, did they give a release date for rfom2 yet?

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Warhawk is an online only MP that is loads of fun. No RFOM2 release date... E3 will confirm the date. So far we only have gotten criptic messages confirming an 08' release date and I believe Imsomniac can as they have released a game yearly for many years in a row.

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Well that's good, I'm glad its coming out this year. I am dying to play RE5 and that wont come out until 2009 at earliest they said.