PDA

View Full Version : System 32 Error on start up

joecool6101
01-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I have a friend which I am trying to help urgently on the phone now.. he is having system32 issue on startup which causes his computer to not boot windows at all.

I need some advice on how to fix this WITHOUT reformatting his PC.

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 01:35 PM
turn it on as safe mode, dont know what button to click since its different for every computer i use in my house lol - for me its F8 to launch start up options

after logging into safemode, tell him to maybe restore his pc to an earlier time if possible - if it doesn't let him login to safe mode, his OS is probably destroyed

im not too sure if my methods will work but safe mode has always helped me out when i was having problems at start up

lonewolfxix
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
it's possible to copy the system32 folder from the disc i think.. though I'm not sure as i've never had to do it.. you don't have to format... you could just do a restore from the XP disc which keeps all your files just writes all windows files to fresh install and you have to redo all your shortcuts

Jenatello
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
you can only copy the system 32 files to a disk if you have the same computer; same model and everything. I only know this because my computer was doing it about a year ago and a friend tried that but it failed because we had different computers.

I believe that it's F8 or F12 to get to the menu for a safe mode start up. Not really sure which but one of those two should do it.

LiNuX
01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
you can only copy the system 32 files to a disk if you have the same computer; same model and everything. I only know this because my computer was doing it about a year ago and a friend tried that but it failed because we had different computers.

I believe that it's F8 or F12 to get to the menu for a safe mode start up. Not really sure which but one of those two should do it.

it differs for each computer, my old windows 98 would bring up the option when u clicked F2 or F5 (one of those) and my old Laptop was F12

Jaykub
01-16-2008, 12:37 PM
When ya find out what works LMK Because. a computer I made does it too

LiNuX
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
When ya find out what works LMK Because. a computer I made does it too

if its a computer you made recently just reinstall the OS

lonewolfxix
01-25-2008, 03:57 AM
Well I've never had the problem, but I expect you could use the ones from the disc? or just do a reinstall but not format the drive.. you keep all the software on your pc you just need to make new shortcuts for all your programs in program files etc. Only surefire way of it working that I know of.