PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Fans you now have a FoRuM!!!

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I made this forum recently plz join. narutohurricane.myfastforum.org

Blackbird
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think I'm going to signed up there before you put up some real domain. Get a real hosted and I domain and I maybe joining your site.

Riku-Nara
01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
welll, if your gonna be dedicated to it, then best of luck man.

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
lol i see forum's popping up everywhere these days, but u should know a forum takes a LOT Of work and a lot of dedication, I also wish you luck if you plan to keep it going - but if you want it to get big, I wouldn't recommend you use a free forum host like that

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
do you know any free domain hosting? like yurx (they havent made the site yet and i dought they will)?

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 08:30 PM
yurx is a free web host not domain - you cannot get a free domain anywhere, people will probably give subdomains but they are of low quality

only way is to buy one or win it somewhere i guess

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 09:49 PM
blackbird got nightscar.net on yurx...

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 09:50 PM
well i think he used the points on there, yurx does not host them, if im not mistaken, the owner just registers it on namecheap and forwards the domain

its not cheap becoming a full registrar, otherwise i would have my own company by now giving out domains on here lol

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
english please...

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:13 PM
english please...

lol didn't know I was speaking another language

well anyway, on yurx they have a point system like we do here, you just use that to buy the domain from yurx

yurx does not host the domain - they buy it for you from a website called namecheap.com and they just push the domain to your account

you have to know how domains and transfers work before you can expect to manage one yourself, it's not too hard and trust me, I was new at this a while ago and I had a ton of questions

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
yes but Yurx practicly gives out free accounts because... they have 3 website deals.

deal 1 for 0 points
deal 2 for 100 points
deal 3 for 300 points

now the 0 point wbesit maybe have low MB but it is free

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
wait huh? are you talking about domains or web hosting accounts? lol - i was talking about domains but now i see you are talking about the host accounts lol

we are not on the same level i see

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
oops i said accounts... i meant web hosting... but they do give domains with the host i think just like blackbir when he got nightscar.net

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:32 PM
well in that case then yes lol, they offer free cpanel hosting, it is free hosting and it's something i cannot put this forum on lol, eventually you'll have to move out

but for now i'd definitely recommend going with a post for host like that - that's how i started out years back :D gotta start somewhere huh - but if you want to own a forum, you better have a LOT of time and advertise a whole lot, otherwise it won't go anywhere. The best way to start is with a blog or a HTML website - i started with HTML, then blog, then forum lol

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
LiNuX you are my Website making idol... :D

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:55 PM
LiNuX you are my Website making idol... :D

lol thats cool :D just post up in the help section if you have more questions about what you should do and what is recommended - i say that you should post rather than just PM because Others may have more tips for you other than what I can say :-)

good luck

ablaye
02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I can create a Naturo section on my video games forum (http://www.talk-gaming.com) and you can pretend you own it.
Why start a new forum when there are already so many out there.