PDA

View Full Version : Thinking bout leavin the forum...

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
i dont want too but evrthing i do here is just a downfall... so im thinking bout leavin this forum... no threads are being answered...etc.

...im sorry... :-(

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 09:48 PM
not sure if you noticed but the forum has been having a lot of issues this past week, people are just trying to bounce back from that and i see you are still having a hard time with that

threads are eventually filled up if you have the patience, and yes we did lose a 150+ user accounts in the big collapse last monday and if we have to lose another one because of that I will regret not doing a better job to keep my members

but i cannot change your mind for you - you may do as you wish - you were and still are a great member :)

good luck!

Jaykub
01-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Dude. Your So Wrong. Its a Great Site. Please Stay Man Give Us Time.

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 09:52 PM
idk... it just seems likee im talking to myself... lol

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
if you think me and jacob talking to u is talking to yourself, that's just really weird lol

El3mentGamer
01-12-2008, 09:58 PM
i mean on other threads duh! lol ill give the forum time... :D

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:00 PM
just imagine if you stop responding to other threads, someone else will feel the way you feel, then it'll just cause a chain reaction

but the recent slow activity of the forum is all related to what happened on monday - the server was hacked and our data was wiped - and i am still not done repairing some of that - dont know if you haven't noticed but the bank isn't working lol - im trying to fix that - my activity slowed down inside the forum but not ON the forum because I am still working on the forum to make it better, couldn't fix the bank today because I think I have to reinstall the whole database table for it :/

jakncoke
01-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Dude. Your So Wrong. Its a Great Site. Please Stay Man Give Us Time.

It's really not that good, the amount of trolls here is sickening and with repercussion. Some of people wouldn't last 1 week on other forum yet some are even in power which is sad. I only stay cause of the arcade.

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:03 PM
It's really not that good, the amount of trolls here is sickening and with repercussion. Some of people wouldn't last 1 week on other forum yet some are even in power which is sad. I only stay cause of the arcade.

lol good to know what's keeping you here :twitcy: but really, everything takes time to form, and for me, it seems every time i have the time and things are going well, something comes up and stomps on my head

Jaykub
01-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Jak. You Got To Care For a Forum. It Takes Time. This Is Why I Wanted To Be Staff. I Love Forums Lol.

jakncoke
01-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Care for the forum? why should I care for a forum that doesn't tend to it's main problem. I have been here on and off for ages anyways, even back when we were yabb and the problem hasn't stopped. And this problem takes about 3 minutes to stop. The problem you referring to isn't one at all, a forum doesn't need 50 million members to be good, just 8-20 regulars that post and guess what we have that.

LiNuX
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
lol the only problem we had with yabb was the bad skin :-P but i do agree with jak, no forum needs a whole bunch of members to be considered a "good" forum. If you have some dedicated ones, you're good. And slowly others join the group and it slowly gets bigger.

forum's shouldn't be about who has more posts and stuff but about the conversations. If you enjoy the topic, join in, if you don't like it, don't join. At first I used to join forums asking for help with stuff like people may on this forum.

and the idea of a good and bad forum is a full blown opinion - you cannot have a fact about that because there will always be people on both sides.

Jaykub
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Man look at the time admin put into this site. No site is perfict.

jakncoke
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Jake, you can stop the brown nosing any time now.

Fate
01-13-2008, 10:53 AM
idk... it just seems likee im talking to myself... lol

Man what you talkin bout??
you and LiNuX had a good ol time in the Tycoon v.s. Thrillville thread
...tell LiNuX broke it up :-P jk jk

but I mean iv only been here for what.....a week or half:twitcy:
iv got bout three threads that no one has answered
iv had problems with my signature and still haven't got any help....oh well but im trying to figure it out
what im trying to say is hang in there man:laugh:
hey if worse comes to worse you can always chat at me
im always down for a good chat.

BlackCain
01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
It's really not that good, the amount of trolls here is sickening and with repercussion.

What are trolls?? :confused1:
*picks up a staff*
The better not take my cookies!
*waves it threatiningly*

I'm new, but i like the amount of attention my single post got, and even though I'm not a "gamer" as such, I'm still sticking around to chuck my share of random albeit helpful stuff in.
(Not saying you're, not, I don't know you, but :wub: to you!)

If it helps, I love ya! ^_^

EDIT: My quote didn't work -_-;; even though I pressed the quote button... I feel silly now

conman1000
01-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I fixed it for you, it needed to end with [/quote] instead of [quote]

KittyCat72
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
This is a nice site, and you are right. We don't really need a ton of members, but it's not like a lot of members is a bad thing. I actually like forums like this because there are plenty of members for activity... but now too many so you can get to know them all.

BlackCain
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
I fixed it for you

I love you! :yes:
I must have deleted it on my own, many thanks.

I dislike over active forums, people start argueing like a family and then I cry ;(

Ubernerd
01-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I agree. I hate joining a mega forum and posting pointlessly because no one listens, you know, one of those 20,000+ member ones. They can be quite fun to troll though, because there's all the more people to make angry.